New Olympic Weights

Started by mkm13, December 17, 2013, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

The new Olympic weights are out and could really effect a couple UW wrestlers.  Graff will have to really change his body to have a weight to wrestle.  Is it possible for him to eventually make 57 KG (125.7 lbs)?  The next weight up seems way too big for him.  The weight gaps are now huge, but that topic isn't really relevant here.

For Thielke, the new Greco weight could be very good for him in terms of international success (59 KG).  Assuming Thielke continues to wrestle in college as well, his obvious ideal college weight would be 133.  It will be interesting to see what happens in future years as I think the plan was for Taylor to move up to 133 in a year or 2.  We could have a log jam there again.

hammen

It will be very interesting to see which of the 60kg guys move up or down. New rules are interesting as well.

Link: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2013/December/17/FILA-announces-new-weight-classes

I'm curious as to where Graff will go - to me it seems 57kg would suit him better than the jump to 65kg. Time will tell though.

wrestling for fun

Quote from: mkm13 on December 17, 2013, 06:50:42 PM
The new Olympic weights are out and could really effect a couple UW wrestlers.  Graff will have to really change his body to have a weight to wrestle.  Is it possible for him to eventually make 57 KG (125.7 lbs)?  The next weight up seems way too big for him.  The weight gaps are now huge, but that topic isn't really relevant here.

For Thielke, the new Greco weight could be very good for him in terms of international success (59 KG).  Assuming Thielke continues to wrestle in college as well, his obvious ideal college weight would be 133.  It will be interesting to see what happens in future years as I think the plan was for Taylor to move up to 133 in a year or 2.  We could have a log jam there again.
The 59k weight could also hurt him.   It would force 2X olympian and multiple world team member Spencer Mango to move up

billymurphy

Graff will certainly give it his best to drop down, is how I see it.  You don't really expect him to go at it with Metcalf do you!

NWIS1

There isn't a single guy on the W team that has the remotest chance of being on the Olympic team. Not if they had 12 weights!!!!!

NWIS1

Quote from: futurerichguy on December 19, 2013, 01:48:34 PM
Quote from: NWIS1 on December 19, 2013, 01:42:48 PM
There isn't a single guy on the W team that has the remotest chance of being on the Olympic team. Not if they had 12 weights!!!!!
JT was just on the 2013 World Team, so I'm assuming you're trying to be funny.

I don't think it's at all funny. UW has no one ranked in the top 7. JT is not on the ladder. He has no shot what so ever of being an Olympic wrestler. Get real.

mkm13

Quote from: NWIS1 on December 19, 2013, 05:56:11 PM

I don't think it's at all funny. UW has no one ranked in the top 7. JT is not on the ladder. He has no shot what so ever of being an Olympic wrestler. Get real.

Folkstyle isn't an Olympic sport.  Greco and freestyle are.  Thielke seems to be doing pretty well there. 

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Rankings/US-Senior-Rankings/GR/Individual/2013/December/12/USA-Wrestling-Senior-Greco-Roman-Rankings-Dec-12

hammen

I don't think it's at all funny. UW has no one ranked in the top 7. JT is not on the ladder. He has no shot what so ever of being an Olympic wrestler.

If this is truly an actual post, it's the most ridiculous post I've seen on these forums. Not only do you lack knowledge of Jesse's current #1 senior level ranking in Greco at 60kg, who was in the top 10 in the world just a few months ago, but you're saying a guy who has made multiple jr world teams and a bronze jr world medal has no chance of ever being an Olympian?

dietac

JT is not on the ladder. He has no shot what so ever of being an Olympic wrestler. Get real.

Wow... just... wow...  ::)
George "The Animal" Steele

dad 2 5

Quote from: hammen on December 19, 2013, 10:29:45 PM

I don't think it's at all funny. UW has no one ranked in the top 7. JT is not on the ladder. He has no shot what so ever of being an Olympic wrestler.

If this is truly an actual post, it's the most ridiculous post I've seen on these forums. Not only do you lack knowledge of Jesse's current #1 senior level ranking in Greco at 60kg, who was in the top 10 in the world just a few months ago, but you're saying a guy who has made multiple jr world teams and a bronze jr world medal has no chance of ever being an Olympian?
NW must have thought it was April 1st not just before Christmas. Lets hope this was just some young kid from Michigan ;)
He probably does not know that Graff was what 3rd, right, at the trials?

boowrestle

I guess  when you are at the top of the senior rankings,doesnt mean much ???.some people need to stop trolling the forum.
you can run but you cannot hide.

bigG

He's an incredible Greco wrestler. Love watchin' his skills.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.