Iowa

Started by No One Cares, February 16, 2024, 03:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornbuckleb

Quote from: Numbers on February 19, 2024, 05:20:29 AM
Quote from: bigoil on February 19, 2024, 02:14:58 AM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on February 18, 2024, 08:43:58 PM
Quote from: Numbers on February 18, 2024, 05:56:45 PMDJ's 2nd period "reversal" just another example of why college reversals should also be 3 points for gaining control.

Should have been an escape and takedown. 
He did award 1, and then reverse it. Of all the bad calls this weekend, that was probably not it.

While I think awarding 1 likely had enough reaction time, it was very close.
The idea of gaining control from a disadvantage position being worth less than gaining control from a neutral position is mind boggling.

I think there is better argument for reversals being 4 points than 2 points.  3 points for gaining control (like a takedown) should be the minimum change.

College rules think so highly of the control position that a minute advantage is a bonus point.  A second of advantage time in OT can determine the match. 

I think the away team wrestler should be awarded 1 point at the beginning of the match, possibly two points if they had to stay over night  ;D

Maybe certain select fans could raise score cards for each takedown similiar to diving...ok reversals too.... ::)

3 point takedown and work to turn stalls were awesome changes

reaction time sucks!

Should only award riding time if you have back points.....or a reversal.... :-X

MNbadger

"Should only award riding time if you have back points"
This makes sense if you agreed to when they used to require back points for a tech fall.  I did not like that rule.  To be clear, I would like to get away from riding time period or as I call it, "yawning time".
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

hornbuckleb

Seriously,

Love the 3 point takedown

Love the fact the are calling the top man for stalling (work to turn not just to breakdown) However, it did take half the season to start enforcing

Hate reaction time in college (125lb reaction time vs 285lb reaction time not even close)

Not a fan of riding time, and no never liked back points for techfall

Never ever want to see 3 or 4 points for a reversal

vsmf2010

One idea I have been kicking around for a while would be if stalling is called on the top or bottom wrestler the other wrestler can choose to go neutral without the 1 point escape being rewarded. They do not have to go neutral but they can choose to. Just a thought.

hornbuckleb

WhoKnows

The head reff was not good.  He was downright aweful and he has been aweful for a long time.  Can't use him as an excuse though.  Thought the Badgers would've had 1 or 2 more wins.  Wish we would've seen Barnett vs. Ayala.  Where has that version of Brody Teske been for Iowa?  Rivera was out Horsepowered.  Thought Zargo should've been awarded the takedown.  That would've changed that match.  Rathjen is a tuff dude so yah never know.  Bummer no Maylor vs. Kennedy and Liegel vs Riggins.  Arnold gassed out at the end.  Kudus to Otto for not giving up the tech.  Dude works out there.  165 pounder banging with a legit 197er. 

DocWrestling

That Zargo takedown was odd.  He was not awarded a sure takedown.  Injury time was awarded but was Zargo even given an option of choice?

With 3 point takedowns might we see more wrestlers calling for injury time when a takedown seems imminent.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

bigoil

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 21, 2024, 10:38:41 AMThat Zargo takedown was odd.  He was not awarded a sure takedown.  Injury time was awarded but was Zargo even given an option of choice?

With 3 point takedowns might we see more wrestlers calling for injury time when a takedown seems imminent.

He chose up in the period so it would not be likely that he would now choose down...