Allow/Not Roster Change

Started by FinalWord, March 04, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalWord

I was just told that a mistake was made on our roster for team state and we are not allowed to make any changes per WIAA office??? It's fn Tuesday. 5 days before D2 takes the mat. Can anyone clarify this bazaar rule. 
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

padre

Quote from: FinalWord on March 04, 2014, 01:23:14 PM
I was just told that a mistake was made on our roster for team state and we are not allowed to make any changes per WIAA office??? It's fn Tuesday. 5 days before D2 takes the mat. Can anyone clarify this bazaar rule. 

Maybe you can't make changes to the roster as it may be done already.  I know the stuff had to be in 2 weeks ago already.  I know in the past they have made some pretty nice books up to sell at the front.

As far as who wrestles at what weight you can change when you get there....their name just may not be on it that way, but all wrestlers should be listed on your roster anyway.

NWIS1

What if a state place winner was mistakenly left off? I thought that WR had really good kid left off their roster and was not caught until weigh-ins. He was not allowed to wrestle and the WIAA changed the rules after that.

DocWrestling

THe WIAA has certainly been known to do some idiotic things based on policy and not in the best interest of the kids.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

woody53

Call and talk to the WIAA direct. The "Programs" can not be changed at this time.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Street Glide

I was wondering did these kids that accidentally got left off the roster still get their medals.  I sure hope so!

woody53

Quote from: Street Glide on March 15, 2014, 05:36:18 PM
I was wondering did these kids that accidentally got left off the roster still get their medals.  I sure hope so!
The medals go to those that the coach chooses. Not what is in the program. The school also has the option to purchase more medals if they choose.

Street Glide

Thanks Woody for the clarification. 

woody53

There was some miscommunication on the presentation of the medals to Pewaukee is year, and Ed got quite upset. Rightfully so. There were a hand full of wrestlers that got medals at lower weights that should not have, in the presentation. What you didn't see was the seamless process were those kids took the medals from around their necks and gave them back so that those at the upper weights could experience the awards. That is a team mentality.