Making a Murderer---Steven Avery--Netflix

Started by easytopin, December 29, 2015, 01:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

I've watched a few episodes on Netflix and its really done well. I was living near during this time and the documentary makes you think.

Dale Einerson

I was living in Manitowoc and working in Two Rivers at the time; the documentary is not only very well done, but makes one quite emotional about several of the story lines.

Corruption, deception, outlandish loss of life, the life affected of a 16 year old, the families, the flamboyance and then subsequent disappearance of civil rights groups...watch it.  But be prepared to become concerned, or enraged, or just plain confused and upset from a whole host of perspectives.

jaguarwrestler

might be the best documentary I have ever seen, so many things that just don't add up and to think he already spent 18 years in prison for something he didn't do. Even if he is guilty the whole thing makes you question the justice system. Really made me sick to see what they did to the kid as well.

I would love to discuss, but obviously don't want to ruin it for others. Not sure how you can determine the kill site and not find any dna or proof a murder happened there when it was so brutal.

One thing after another was shocking... but the first vote in deliberation... wow.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

easytopin

Then shortly afterwards Ken Kratz lead prosecutor is charged with sexual impropriety (deviancy) which leads to his admission of having some sexual addiction disease and then admits also to having a dependency on drugs. Having lived in Manitowoc County for many years the sheriff's dept does have a reputation that many would call questionable even though I have no individual thoughts one way or another.

However Avery is no where near an angel like many who watch this may think...but you dont get life for just being a questionable citizen.

easytopin

Well it will get even more infuriating as you go...but the Netflix special is receiving a lot positive attention as a production.

crossface49

If you ONLY listen to the defenses theories of any crime you're going to walk away thinking that the defendant is innocent.  ::)

crossface49

I know that this case is becoming a hot topic so I feel as though I should point out that the FBI was also involved in the testing of DNA evidence. It's one thing to believe in conspiracies that involve one small law enforcement community....It's another to believe that a small town law enforcement community and the FBI are participating in a conspiracy against Steven Avery. If Netflix hadn't swayed this story in Avery's favor, it would just be another Dateline story that nobody talks about. Netflix is omitting several things from this case in order to create a firestorm. It's amazing what money will make one do. All I know is that a young lady was brutally murdered and the only voice she had was law enforcement. Now a lot of people are out there giving Steven Avery a voice over a biased documentary. Thanks to all civil servants. It seems that we have become the whipping boys over a few bad apples out of the millions that are out there.

easytopin

I don't think anyone is saying Steven Avery is a good guy but some of the info from the case is quite interesting. Not a speck of blood in bedroom and it took 4 searches of his bedroom to find a set of keys, same sheriff officials from Manitowoc who helped to keep him incarcerated the first time volunteered again, his blood kit broken into, Dassey lawyer who let a 16 year old sped ed kid speak to cops without him present...all the while the main prosecutor is participating in a sexual deviancy situation all over town.

That being said much of what has happened to Avery is self inflicted thru previous brushes with the law. However watch the show and decide for yourself if it isnt a very well done 20/20 type of documentary.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: crossface49 on December 31, 2015, 01:07:17 PM
If you ONLY listen to the defenses theories of any crime you're going to walk away thinking that the defendant is innocent.  ::)

not theories.

you can't slice someone up and shoot them without blood.

when no evidence is found in 5 sweeps of the place and only months later when the police that are not even supposed to be there go in they find something that was not there previously.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: crossface49 on December 31, 2015, 01:45:01 PM
I know that this case is becoming a hot topic so I feel as though I should point out that the FBI was also involved in the testing of DNA evidence. It's one thing to believe in conspiracies that involve one small law enforcement community....It's another to believe that a small town law enforcement community and the FBI are participating in a conspiracy against Steven Avery. If Netflix hadn't swayed this story in Avery's favor, it would just be another Dateline story that nobody talks about. Netflix is omitting several things from this case in order to create a firestorm. It's amazing what money will make one do. All I know is that a young lady was brutally murdered and the only voice she had was law enforcement. Now a lot of people are out there giving Steven Avery a voice over a biased documentary. Thanks to all civil servants. It seems that we have become the whipping boys over a few bad apples out of the millions that are out there.

the FBI doesn't need to be in on it to find DNA. What are they leaving out? They testified no blood, hair, rope strands or anything else where found. Nothing found in the house until county cops come in months later, no bullet found until county cops come in... the ones that are not even supposed to be there because of conflict of interest. You don't think they have motive to make sure to prove him guilty when they face 36 million dollars and multiple officers being taken down? That garage was full of stuff, you shoot someone in there it would have sprayed on something just too many items not o hit something. No blood in a bed, mattress, sheet, headboard, wall, carpet, ceiling in the house... how is that possible?

jaguarwrestler

7 out of 12 said not guilty, only 2 said guilty... after all the evidence was presented... how is it possible he was found guilty? Something happened in deliberations, someone got strong armed or just gave up so they could go home.

To me there was just too much potential BS, none of the evidence was solid. The bones in the fire where the one thing that did not look good, then come to find out they found bones in 2 other places clearly shows they where moved... so did they start there or end there.

No way you could be so good at covering everything up and then just toss a key on the floor... that wasn't there in previous searches... no way you dump the car on your property... if you did no way you don't crush it or burn it. You can't be so good at covering your tracks that no evidence is found in your house or garage but they have obvious evidence outside where multiple people had access. When the brother in law said he got what he deserves it made me think someone was out to get him... the family had internal struggles and I'm sure between that, the community being sued for 36,000,000 and local officers about to be taken down, that more than one person had motive to frame him.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: easytopin on December 31, 2015, 01:58:27 PM
I don't think anyone is saying Steven Avery is a good guy but some of the info from the case is quite interesting. Not a speck of blood in bedroom and it took 4 searches of his bedroom to find a set of keys, same sheriff officials from Manitowoc who helped to keep him incarcerated the first time volunteered again, his blood kit broken into, Dassey lawyer who let a 16 year old sped ed kid speak to cops without him present...all the while the main prosecutor is participating in a sexual deviancy situation all over town.

That being said much of what has happened to Avery is self inflicted thru previous brushes with the law. However watch the show and decide for yourself if it isnt a very well done 20/20 type of documentary.

I honestly don't see what makes him a bad guy, at like age 20 he broke into a bar to steal a 6 pack and a sandwich... not smart but not exactly armed robbery. He chased down a cousin spreading rumors about him in the town, not smart... he obviously is not highly intelligent but not exactly a bad person... the family obviously has issues.

ramjet

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 31, 2015, 04:09:10 PM

I honestly don't see what makes him a bad guy, at like age 20 he broke into a bar to steal a 6 pack and a sandwich... not smart but not exactly armed robbery. He chased down a cousin spreading rumors about him in the town, not smart... he obviously is not highly intelligent but not exactly a bad person... the family obviously has issues.

He brutally murdered a woman that's what makes him a bad guy are you kidding me.......

This is entertainment for notoriety a film made to get headlines and attention(money and fame) for the creators producers. They put together a bunch of emotional well edited segments and you buy it hook line and sinker? LOL

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: ramjet on December 31, 2015, 05:27:38 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 31, 2015, 04:09:10 PM

He brutally murdered a woman that's what makes him a bad guy are you kidding me.......

This is entertainment for notoriety a film made to get headlines and attention(money and fame) for the creators producers. They put together a bunch of emotional well edited segments and you buy it hook line and sinker? LOL

what a fool I must be, when after hearing all the evidence 7 members voted not guilty and 2 voted guilty.

what a fool I am to have Kratz tell me she was cut up in the house and shot up in the garage yet no blood was found, or hair or any other evidence.