2019-2020

Started by dad 2 5, March 23, 2019, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

The Olympic trials are 2 weeks after NCAAs next year. There are several college guys who have a legit shot at representing the US.  Lee, Fix, Yianni, Eierman, Hall, Zahid, and Steveson all seem like guys who could take a redshirt.

If a lot of those guys do redshirt that would give us an opportunity to finish pretty high as a team in the tourney.

Moran would be much more likely to AA without Yianni and Eierman and Hillger would be bumped up another spot.

Will be curious who decides to redshirt and how that effectd the college season.

DarkKnight

I believe Burwick will the 125lb starter this coming year with Barnett redshirted. Burwick is pretty close in talent to Barnett.

mkm13

I would actually be curious who comes out on top right now between Burwick and Barnett.  Burwick beat Barnett back in 2017 in freestyle, but both have also improved since then.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Updated 2019-2020 Badger Roster:

125 Ethan Rotondo, Michael Cullen, Eric Barnett
133 Seth Gross, Dominic Dentino, Kyle Burwick
141 Tristan Moran, Jeremy Schoenherr, Trey Escobar, Dan Stilling
149 Cole Martin, Drew Scharenbrock
157 Garrett Model, Devin Bahr, Patrick Spray, Seth Vosters
165 Evan Wick, Anders Lantz, Josh Otto
174 Tyler Dow, Jared Krattiger
184 Johnny Sebastian
197 Beau Breske, Taylor Watkins, Andrew Salemme, Peter Christensen
285 Trent Hillger, Aydin Guttridge

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

walden_hiker

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on June 27, 2019, 04:15:35 PM
Updated 2019-2020 Badger Roster:

125 Ethan Rotondo, Michael Cullen, Eric Barnett
133 Seth Gross, Dominic Dentino, Kyle Burwick
141 Tristan Moran, Jeremy Schoenherr, Trey Escobar, Dan Stilling
149 Cole Martin, Drew Scharenbrock
157 Garrett Model, Devin Bahr, Patrick Spray, Seth Vosters
165 Evan Wick, Anders Lantz, Josh Otto
174 Tyler Dow, Jared Krattiger
184 Johnny Sebastian
197 Beau Breske, Taylor Watkins, Andrew Salemme, Peter Christensen
285 Trent Hillger, Aydin Guttridge

Guttridge is still not listed on 19-20 roster...he has not been listed in recent publications

wrastle63

There will be some surprises

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Luke Louison on June 28, 2019, 09:46:29 AM
The one thing I don't think is updated on the team site are the weights for the returning team members. My plan is to adjust them in my spreadsheet when they adjust them officially. For now, you'll see we don't currently have a 174-pounder listed on the roster!

It looks like Vosters might be in the mix for our completely up-in-the-air 157-pound slot. I could see this weight going a bunch of different ways.

The other two mystery spots of sorts are 174 and 197. I'm operating under the assumption that it's going to be Dow at 174 (he was there during freestyle season) and Breske at 197. Still, I can't imagine Taylor Watkins transferred in for no reason at all. Maybe Beau is planning to drop back down to 174?

Which do you think makes our lineup stronger this season?

174 - Dow / 197 - Breske

OR

174 - Breske / 197 - Watkins

Could one of our 165lbers cut to 157? Dow or Wick?
Kirk Nelson

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Luke Louison on June 28, 2019, 10:51:58 AM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on June 28, 2019, 10:46:00 AM

Could one of our 165lbers cut to 157? Dow or Wick?

Interesting.

With Dow wrestling at 174 this offseason, I doubt he could make 157. Wick is the interesting one because his mom has made it clear that he makes 165 easily. He's not making space for his brother anymore either. I'd guess they leave well-enough alone and keep him at 165, but the idea of him cutting hadn't crossed my mind before you posted it.

Lewis, Joseph, and Marinelli all return at 165. Nolf and Berger both graduate at 157. Easier title shot at 157.

It would make room for Watkins, Breske, Sebastian, and Dow to all be varsity.

All speculation. Wick seems like a big 165 though even if he is not cutting weight.
Kirk Nelson

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Luke Louison on June 28, 2019, 12:11:13 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on June 24, 2019, 10:18:03 AM
I believe Burwick will the 125lb starter this coming year with Barnett redshirted. Burwick is pretty close in talent to Barnett.

Is there any factual reason for this belief or is this just one of those things you just say, like "This is the year the Packers win the title!" based on nothing more than the fact that this is a year and the Packers are going to play in it?

With the team just recently listing Burwick at 133, it seems pretty clear where he's going this year.

I see Burwick was ranked #1 and Barnett #3 at 126 lbs in the April Intermat Rankings.
Kirk Nelson

Harris

It's going to be a fun year.  The level of talent in the room keeps improving.  Iron sharpens iron.

leg turk

I hope Gross can knock the rust off quick.  ;)

DarkKnight

Quote from: Luke Louison on June 28, 2019, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on June 28, 2019, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: Luke Louison on June 28, 2019, 12:11:13 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on June 24, 2019, 10:18:03 AM

Is there any factual reason for this belief or is this just one of those things you just say, like "This is the year the Packers win the title!" based on nothing more than the fact that this is a year and the Packers are going to play in it?

With the team just recently listing Burwick at 133, it seems pretty clear where he's going this year.

I see Burwick was ranked #1 and Barnett #3 at 126 lbs in the April Intermat Rankings.

Yeah, that was weird considering a month later they ranked Barnett as the #20 overall recruit and Burwick as the #38. Also, Flo had Barnett #2 & Burwick #6 in their final 126 ranks.

I'm more referring to Burwick wrestling 125 this season, considering this was just posted by UW:

I'm believing Burwick will cut to 125 and Gross 133. Burwick will jump to 133 the next year. But I could be wrong, but this is possible. 

And sure, the Packers will win a few football games. I don't care to get excited for them.

Oz125

133 in the B10 will be a dogfight for sure, glad we have Gross.

bigoil

Eric posted that Burwick was going to win Fargo at 126

DarkKnight

Yes. I believe Barnett is not doing Fargo and Burwick will be 125 starter.

Barnett and Burwick will be a dynamic 1-2 punch to start the lightweights in the future. Looking forward to see what these young men accomplish with the rest of our studs.