Penn State
Ohio State
Rutgers

Not Wrestling:
Michigan
Purdue
Michigan State
Indiana

Very tough schedule next year as we wrestle all but one of the top teams and do not wrestle 3 of the weak teams in the big 10.  

bigG

Tough schedule=more opportunity
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

downgradedmascot

The schedule gets more difficult for sure. Which will be good in the development of the guys and seeing where they're at. But I'd be hesitant to throw Purdue in the crowd of weak Big Ten teams. They are a team on the upswing and beat Wisconsin last year 7-3 in the dual meet matches

mkm13

Purdue has certainly improved some, but they are still closer to the bottom than top. The big 10 is just that good.

harley

I see them going a solid 6-3 in Big10

mkm13

Quote from: harley on May 01, 2018, 08:58:29 PM

6-3 would be more than solid next year.  That would mean our worst loss was to the 3rd ranked team in the country.

Now that Nebraska added Moisey as a transfer this offseason, I think it will be difficult to beat them next year as well, especially on the road.

bigG

bkraus

When can I buy season tickets?  Might even road trip to Nebraska and/or Ohio State.
Strive for Perfection

wrastle63

Quote from: mkm13 on May 02, 2018, 07:38:48 AM
Quote from: harley on May 01, 2018, 08:58:29 PM

6-3 would be more than solid next year.  That would mean our worst loss was to the 3rd ranked team in the country.

Now that Nebraska added Moisey as a transfer this offseason, I think it will be difficult to beat them next year as well, especially on the road.
Agree I see a solid 5-4 or 4-5 season in this transition season. I am not as worried about our dual record as being competitive with Iowa, PSU, OSU, and Nebraska this year. If we lost the dual to them and win 3 or 4 matchups thats a "moral" victory.

leg turk

With that schedule, and this being Bono and company's first year, I would be happy with a 5-4 season, and tons of heart in our losses.

Hoping to beat...
Maryland
Rutgers
Northwestern
Illinois
Nebraska or Minny...

But as I wrote that down, I realize that will be a tough task this first year.  Either way, can't wait to see it! #seasontickets

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

mkm13

The strength of next year's team is that we will have a competitive guy at each weight.  If everyone stays healthy, and Reinhardt can make 184, we could have 10 qualifiers at NCAAs.  That would also require some luck to keep everyone healthy.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: mkm13 on May 02, 2018, 09:06:18 AM
The strength of next year's team is that we will have a competitive guy at each weight.  If everyone stays healthy, and Reinhardt can make 184, we could have 10 qualifiers at NCAAs.  That would also require some luck to keep everyone healthy.

Isn't it possible Ritter or Christensen go 184?  Both of them wrestled varsity at 184 in past years.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

wrastle63

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 02, 2018, 09:42:10 AM
Quote from: mkm13 on May 02, 2018, 09:06:18 AM

Isn't it possible Ritter or Christensen go 184?  Both of them wrestled varsity at 184 in past years.
I think Ritter going 184 would be best for our team, but don't think that will happen. Reinhardt pinned the guy who was seeded #11 at NCAAs. He also beat guys like Matt Williams CSU Bakersfield, and Brunner from Purdue. He is a proven competitor.

bigG