2015-16 projected lineup

Started by BuckyMatRat, May 13, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: lizard king on May 28, 2015, 07:48:35 AM
Now WWF that looks like some inside information?

I just compiled what everyone is saying, who is listed at the uwbadgers.com roster, and compared results from this past season.

141 is interesting - Rowh and Grahek are very pretty close.  If Crone could make 141 (pure speculation) he would have the edge I would presume.
Lantz could potentially contend at 141, but he wrestled at 133 all last year.

149 will be very competitive with the Top 3 all having varsity experience (Lubeck, Crone, Donar).

At 157, Ruschell probably has the edge until Scharenbrock or anyone else proves otherwise.

At 174, I put Robertson there based on the conversation.  He looked lean at 184 to me and cutting 10 pounds is quite a bit. 

At 197, Peissig has a big, big, opportunity next year. 
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

lizard king

Yep, I thought your list looked good and figured you knew something or someone because it seems pretty complete and accurate :)

barnflipper

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 28, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
Quote from: lizard king on May 28, 2015, 07:48:35 AM
Now WWF that looks like some inside information?

I just compiled what everyone is saying, who is listed at the uwbadgers.com roster, and compared results from this past season.

141 is interesting - Rowh and Grahek are very pretty close.  If Crone could make 141 (pure speculation) he would have the edge I would presume.
Lantz could potentially contend at 141, but he wrestled at 133 all last year.

149 will be very competitive with the Top 3 all having varsity experience (Lubeck, Crone, Donar).

At 157, Ruschell probably has the edge until Scharenbrock or anyone else proves otherwise.

At 174, I put Robertson there based on the conversation.  He looked lean at 184 to me and cutting 10 pounds is quite a bit. 

At 197, Peissig has a big, big, opportunity next year. 

I completely agree.. 149 is going to be a tough weight, but I think that it will also make all three of them better wrestlers.

157- Will be Ruschell for the first part of the season until Scharenbrock gets more experience. 

charteroak1

I just happened to stop by the Iowa wrestling forum and it looks like Barry and Co. have been in touch with Gannon Gremmel.  Sounds like he was wearing a Wisconsin shirt before his finals match this year.  He would be a great addition and add some depth at HWT.  

Harris

Quote from: charteroak1 on May 28, 2015, 01:05:40 PM
I just happened to stop by the Iowa wrestling forum and it looks like Barry and Co. have been in touch with Gannon Gremmel.  Sounds like he was wearing a Wisconsin shirt before his finals match this year.  He would be a great addition and add some depth at HWT.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA22AfGOncs&feature=youtu.be

mkm13

He would do more than add depth at heavyweight.  He would likely be the next man in after Medbery used up his eligibility.

dad 2 5

I was not part of the after season sit down individual meetings  :) but I heard Lantz 141. Asking Robertson to go down to 74 seems like a lot to ask but he seems small at 84. I would think if he hits the weights hard after freestyle is over he would get to 84 body type. He is exciting to watch and I think he only improves. GG would be a very good addition! 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Harris on May 28, 2015, 02:04:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA22AfGOncs&feature=youtu.be

Awesome video ! Looks like a great kid.  Hope he becomes a Badger.
Kirk Nelson

hammer

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 27, 2015, 11:14:07 PM
125 Jimenez/McClelland/Stickley/Cullen
133 Taylor/Lantz
141 Rowh/Grahek/Englebert (Thielke Projected Olympic Redshirt)
149 Lubeck/Crone/Donar/Martin
157 Ruschell/Scharenbrock/Cathery/Pedersen
165 Jordan/Quintanilla
174 Robertson/Liegel/Stilling/Reinhardt
184 Christensen/Veling/Hochstaetter
197 Peissig/Ritter/Chadd
285 Medbery/Horwath/Schmidt

I think your pretty good on this one but I have to add some personal opinion which are not facts but something to think about.

I believe Medbery takes an olympic re-shirt year.
Schmidt will not be on the team next year.
Lantz and Taylor will battle it out at 133 but you said that already
197 is Peissig spot to lose
We watched Thielkes last year with the Badgers
I hope Robertson doesnt fall into the trap that happened last year when they figured out the weights were to low and all went up.
I think Christianson is better suited for 74

Just some of my thoughts and nothing is fact just opinions.

mkm13

A few guys are wrestling at University Nationals this weekend. 

Lantz won his 1st and then left due to injury
Rowh was 0-2
Scharenbrock is currently 2-1
Christensen is currently 3-1
Stilling was 0-2.  I see Stilling wrestled at 86 KG.  I wonder if he is moving up to provide better depth at 84/97?  He might be another option at 97 of both true freshman redshirt...although his results at 86 KG were not good.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: mkm13 on May 30, 2015, 07:32:26 PM
A few guys are wrestling at University Nationals this weekend. 

Lantz won his 1st and then left due to injury
Rowh was 0-2
Scharenbrock is currently 2-1
Christensen is currently 3-1
Stilling was 0-2.  I see Stilling wrestled at 86 KG.  I wonder if he is moving up to provide better depth at 84/97?  He might be another option at 97 of both true freshman redshirt...although his results at 86 KG were not good.

McClelland finished 0-2 at 61KG, Scharenbrock finished 3-2 at 70KG, Christensen 4-2 at 80KG, Veling finished 1-2 at 86KG

Some of those weights had a lot of wrestlers with many All-Americans !

I see Tyler Graff was entered at 57KG, won the tournament, and did not give up a point.  Keeping the saw sharpened for World Trials !  Must be an age limit he is under in order to wrestle in this tournament....
Kirk Nelson

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: hammer on May 29, 2015, 07:50:31 PM
133 Taylor/Lantz
165 Jordan/Quintanilla
197 Peissig/Ritter/Chadd

I think your pretty good on this one but I have to add some personal opinion which are not facts but something to think about.

I hope Robertson doesnt fall into the trap that happened last year when they figured out the weights were to low and all went up.

I thought Lantz was always going to be 141? If he doesn't bulk up (if he can) he will be sitting at least the next 2 years as Mr. Taylor is a top 3 wrestler in the nation. I hope he can fill out and battle for 141 as I see a need there and he as our best fit.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

billymurphy

I think we will find Lantz on varsity at 141.
I also do not think we see Schmidt at varsity heavyweight at he has struggled going up to heavyweight.
I do not see the point of Redshirting both Ritter and Chadd if they
are both better than Peissig.  197 lbs is a unique weight.  Too small
for heavyweight and too big for 184.  Thus, both Chadd and Ritter
will be career 197 lbs guys.  Naturally it is tremendously beneficial
to redshirt but I do not think the Badgers will have that luxury
to redshirt both next year.

boowrestle

does anybody really care what corner Donny P is sitting in???   :(    I know I could care less!¡¡!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

hammer

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 01, 2015, 07:09:58 AM
Quote from: hammer on May 29, 2015, 07:50:31 PM
133 Taylor/Lantz
165 Jordan/Quintanilla
197 Peissig/Ritter/Chadd

I thought Lantz was always going to be 141? If he doesn't bulk up (if he can) he will be sitting at least the next 2 years as Mr. Taylor is a top 3 wrestler in the nation. I hope he can fill out and battle for 141 as I see a need there and he as our best fit.

I have to agree with Lantz hopefully beefing up to 41 next year. I will add that I dont think he cuts as much as Taylor to get to 33 either. That makes me wonder if it will be another year before Lantz makes that move up to 41 or if in some strange world Taylor moves up to 41.

Once again, just some opinions coming from me. I know basically nothing and like to see myself in print.