2015-16 projected lineup

Started by BuckyMatRat, May 13, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckyMatRat

Is it too early to start talking about next years lineup?  Now that recruiting is wrapped up and we saw how some of the boys did in Las Vegas curious to everyone's opinion in how things will shape up for next year.  

leg turk

Not sure on line ups,  but there should be some spectacular wrestle offs this year!

bigdawg

Whats the word on Ricky going to 174? Is that true?

leg turk

Quote from: bigdawg on May 13, 2015, 06:49:01 PM

I hope he "buys in" if he does go down.

npope

Quote from: leg turk on May 13, 2015, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: bigdawg on May 13, 2015, 06:49:01 PM

I hope he "buys in" if he does go down.

Very wry, Turk.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

billymurphy

125 Jimenez
133 Taylor
141 Lantz/Rowl
149 Lubeck/Crone
157 Scharenbrock/Ruschell/Donar/Liegel
165 Jordan
174 Christensen
184 Robertson
197 Peissig/Ritter/Chadd
285 Medberry

mkm13

I think Jimenez will have a solid year at 125 assuming he is healthy.  We will need to get more out of 141-157.  There are a quite a few guys that have a chance to step up, and someone needs to.

I assume 197 will be a weak weight, unless the true freshman do not redshirt.  Even then, 197 as a true freshman is very tough.

Gutwrench

There is experience at 149 and 157.  I think having experienced guys allows the good potential for guys to "step up".

Looking at the lineup, I think it is fair to say UW will have solid to highly solid guys at 8 of the 10 weights.  With 41 and 97 being the question marks in my opinion.

mkm13

I am not ready to say 149 or 157 has solid wrestlers at the big 10 level just yet.  There is potential for that, but that was not the case last year.

Harris

That's a good looking lineup that should be fun to follow and watch.  Don't count Eric Peissig out.  He is a tough, smart, young man who is very driven.  He has spent two years in the room rolling around with some top notch competition and coaches.  If he is healthy, he may surprise some people.

On the other hand, keep saying, "197 will be a weak weight".  I don't know how many of you remember Eric's post after he won state as an undefeated Senior.  Just more fuel for the fire!

billymurphy

Peissig has not scored any points in the last two wrestle offs, and the videos of Ritter and Chadd look good so
it will be one of the more interesting weights to see who makes varsity.  I read that Peissig is around a 4.0 student
though so he clearly has been spending a lot of time in the classroom. 

I read what Tom Brand's girlfriend said about him in college, that he only knew the names of two of the buildings
on campus after being there a couple of years because he spent so much time in the wrestling room.  Another guy
that worked out with the Brands brothers said that they had an abnormal desire to win. 

Ghetto

Lubeck was one bad call away from the blood round two years ago. I'd say he's legit.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

hammen

Quote from: billymurphy on May 14, 2015, 07:33:18 PM
Peissig has not scored any points in the last two wrestle offs, and the videos of Ritter and Chadd look good so
it will be one of the more interesting weights to see who makes varsity.  I read that Peissig is around a 4.0 student
though so he clearly has been spending a lot of time in the classroom. 

I read what Tom Brand's girlfriend said about him in college, that he only knew the names of two of the buildings
on campus after being there a couple of years because he spent so much time in the wrestling room.  Another guy
that worked out with the Brands brothers said that they had an abnormal desire to win. 

Why would wrestling against a practice partner / teammate and success in the classroom determine success on the competition mat?

billymurphy

Peissig has proven he is an excellent student is all it proves.
It just means that Peissig has two very good true freshman coming
in that are not going to give Peissig the varsity spot at 197 just because he
was on the team first.

dad 2 5

Could Stilling be a factor at 74? If Robertson can get down to and stay at 74 I think he gives the Badgers a great punch at 65 and 74.

As for 97, I think it is going to be a battle. We need to see points coming from that weight class as we do in all 10.

I'm excited to see what this team can do. We know there are some individuals that should be top 15 in the country including a three that I see as potential to be top 5.