Wrestling attire clarification

Started by matdad, December 14, 2019, 08:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matdad

Please help me figure this one out. The wrestling uniform for competition as a male or female should be cut and dried. But it seems that officials are interpreting the rule differently. We have three female wrestlers in the family and it would be great to see some consistency in the official's decisions in what these girls can and cannot compete in.

With regard to a one piece singlet, the rule says that the female must have a form fitting compression style undergarment which shows no breasts under that singlet. To me, this means that she should be allowed to compete with a compression style sports bra under her singlet. This was not the opinion of a lead official at a JV tournament in Neenah today. In her first match of the day, our daughter had a sports bra and form fitting tank top under her singlet. The singlet she was given is not a female cut singlet, because the school does not have any of that cut. So the extra garment was chosen to be worn underneath and there was absolutely no female parts showing. The official had an issue with the tank top and she switched under shirts in her second match to a compression t-shirt with short sleeves and a high neckline. The official still wasn't happy with her attire. Her third match she came out on the mat with 4 layers on. In that match, it was a different official and there was no issues in that regard.

The other rule I am wondering about is for the hair. Is a hair cover no longer required for long hair? Does the hair just have to be tied back now?

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan