Wrestling Coach Hogties Burgler

Started by crossface21, June 23, 2015, 08:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

wrestling for fun

Mack

Sorry this happened.  It sounds scary.  But, this story is so awesome.  I'm weary of reading about acts of senseless violence in the news.

Just once, you want to read about how the victim cracked the bad guy over the skull with a vase, tied him up with a hose, and saved the day.  Thanks Coach!

Wrestling wins. 

TomM

The author of that piece is Mary Spicuzza ... daughter of Bob Spicuzza ... long time Milwaukee Washington wrestling coach.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ocwrestler

You don't mess with Coach Grover, he may not be tall but he is tough.

Way to go Coach.

Kurth

Coach Grover, I've been wondering for years which Wisconsin Wrestling Coach would capture a bad guy and a headline like this! Thanks for being the guy! Along with a hopeful boost to your own program and any other kind of benefit you may receive, this story can add to the strength, reputation and quantity of participants of Wisconsin Wrestling as a whole.
As my former wrestlers have shared with me in the past, wrestling has taught us how to react in such anxious situations with confidence and clear thinking. Being exposed to the high pressure of our individual combat spectator sport gives wrestlers a significant advantage in many arenas. I'm glad you were able to defend your home with such attributes.
I entered a local wrestling clinic when I was a kid because I wanted to emulate the actions of the superheroes I followed in comic books. After 40 years, I think I finally have a new hero to emulate!

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

I was going from Bryce Canyon to the Grand Canyon when my wife read me the article from her phone. I was pumped. Made my day; "then the adrenalin kicked in..." ;D

Go Grover!!!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

If you can talk, you can breathe. Heard in every wrestling room, everywhere.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Anytime I slap the mat mat and the kid gives me the "I couldn't breathe" thing, I like to remind them how well the bellered with no air.

That must make a cop's day, to get to a scene and find the puke hogtied with a hose. Snortchin' for air and lookin' pathetic. :D Thanks for the visual, coach grover.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Nice moves, coach!  I hope the perp is required to pay restitution for the loss of your vase.   :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!