Oshkosh on the Water

Started by Lombardi, December 21, 2018, 08:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Ranked wrestlers will compete at the largest Ind tourney in the State?

10-20
2 (5.1%)
21-30
0 (0%)
31-40
1 (2.6%)
41-50
5 (12.8%)
50+
31 (79.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: December 28, 2018, 08:12:28 PM

Lombardi

With 64+ teams competing at the OTW tournament there should be a great number of ranked wrestlers from Division I II III teams at this great event.  It will be interesting to see how many total ranked wrestlers that there will be. Cast your vote in the poll and lets see where the totals come out. 

OddDuck

It's probably well over 100.ranked...

crossface21

There were close to 50 at the Stech last weekend with 24 teams. I'm guessing the number is gonna be pretty far north of 50.

ramjet

One of my favorite tournaments. you finish top ten you likely are a State qualifier more times than not. Some fantastic matches over the years.

DocWrestling

Wish they would wait until after the weigh-ins to build the brackets.  Too many good seeded kids that end up not wrestling due to sickness and such and the integrity of the brackets is thrown off when you have the #3 seed become Forfeit Forfeit
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

padre

Without knowing everyone that is dropping a weight 106 looks a bit like this at this time.  I'm sure there will be more to add.

Justin Groshek  Stevens Point   #1 at 113  D1
Carter Ziebell   Slinger             #2 at 106 D1
Tyler Klein     Hartford              #5 at 106 D1
Caleb Meunier   Winneconne     #6 at 113  D2
Pierson Potrykus  Witt-Birn       #6 at 106 D3
Chance Gruber     Coleman       #7 at 106 D3
Tyler Beauchamp Neenah          #12 at 106 D1
Angel Rodriguez  Racine Park    HM at 106 D1
Dylan Miller  Reedsburg            HM at 106 D1     

OddDuck

106 will be fun.  All the weights will be fun..  Tons of studs plus out of state talent

ramjet

This tournament certainly gets the ranking committee some great information concentrated in one place. This and a couple other Holiday tournaments. I am looking forward to seeing some really competitive wrestling.

OddDuck

I think there are 10 ranked wrestlers at 106... will be fun. I'd say after the tournament there will be at least 10 ranked wrestlers per weight class.

bigoil

Before weighins, there are 10/67 teams with 14 wrestlers.

OddDuck

Quote from: DocWrestling on December 22, 2018, 08:36:55 AM
Wish they would wait until after the weigh-ins to build the brackets.  Too many good seeded kids that end up not wrestling due to sickness and such and the integrity of the brackets is thrown off when you have the #3 seed become Forfeit Forfeit

Plus 1. They should print them after weigh ins... should only take 20 minutes tops to get it all done with the computer doing all the work.

OddDuck

I count 6 at 138....

Riddle
Ortegon
Tonsor-Heesen
Pulvermacher
Keuntjes
Casper

and Coronado will be ranked after the tournament I'm sure.

OddDuck

Lol I know you're right...

I think Riddle beat Gardner and Ortegon last year in SV...gonna be some good rematches

And Slinger's 138 is pretty good also.

thequad

I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

DocWrestling

They are no longer visible to the public.  I saw them earlier and now they changed the deadline and won't be able to see them until 5pm. Not sure when call-ins were but they might release the official seeds at 5pm?   They don't usually make too many changes.

At that time then go to the tournament site on trackwrestling.  Click on information at top and you will see a listing and one them will say "Auto Seeds"
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!