Started by cdahmen, November 21, 2017, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GradeTough

bkraus

Strive for Perfection

woody53

Quote from: bkraus on December 08, 2017, 11:07:37 AM
Anyone check on Maggie today?
He covered his disappointment, from what I heard, last night with a few PBR's. He was outside their early morning practice cheering them on today. ;)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on December 08, 2017, 03:46:59 PM
Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on December 03, 2017, 05:13:21 PM
Sthoughton is gonna win by 35+.

Wow, I wasn't even close. 

Reminds me of Super Bowl XXIV  49ers 55 / Broncos 10, boy did I loose a ton of $$ I had the Broncos and 44 points   ;)
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

greysquirrelmobile

The AD at  Stratford and Stoughton should get together and create "The Rematch at the Barn."   Think about all of the angles to promote this match.   It could even be exhibition with the new All Star rules.    Imagine both bands and fans.... this could be electric!

bigG

Who would be the ranking source? On any given year, you have differences in how teams are ranked.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: getyourpoints on December 11, 2017, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: bigG on December 11, 2017, 08:51:05 AM
Who would be the ranking source? On any given year, you have differences in how teams are ranked.

Coaches survey based on the top 5 teams in each division that WI Wrestling puts out. 20 coaches from each division vote, excluding any teams currently ranked in the top 5. Its not perfect but its better then the way they did it this year and its good enough.
Remember in the state of WI team's qualify to a dual state tournament based on how the team performed at a individual tournament lol, so clearly it's subjective. The who's number one is a fun Thursday night event that get's the state buzzing and maybe some media coverage early in the season, lets not over think it as we never have when it matters anyway.

"Better than how they did it this year"? You ended up with one of the most storied wrestling rivalries in WI for the first ever of this, wow what a horrible tragic outcome.

By the way do you understand what "quote" means?
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

npope

Not really sure what is going on in the state right now (I currently live in Texas), but there was a time when there was a quad whose annual location rotated among the competing schools that included Ellsworth, Rapids, Stoughton, and Deforest (I am sure the Deforest wrestlers were saying "Thanks coach," after the day was done ;). This was the day when Rapids was still in the middle of its glory years (circa 1979). I remember seeing the meet in the Ellsworth gym; all of this incredible HS talent on the mats and dual meet drama taking place in that rinky-dink little gym. Incredible day of wrestling.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope