Sad news coming out of Amery

Started by getyourpoints, February 27, 2017, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dforsythe

Sending thoughts and prayers from the North Fond du Lac wrestling community.

CLC FAN

Thoughts and prayers from the Random Lake wrestling community.  So sad to hear.

Jimmy

Very sad news to hear for Brooke and his children. My sincere condolences for them and the communities of Amery and St.Croix Falls.    Jim Hauschildt 

ramjet

Very sad news my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

The Last Ride

Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers from the Hudson wrestling community to Brooke and family. Also all of Amery and St. Croix Falls friends and family.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

woody53

This is so hard to take in. We lost two Giants in our sport within 24 hours. Our State Tournament Announcer Matt Gray, and now a great Coach and Father in Scott Marko. We, that are part, of the WIAA Tournament Series will miss them both. The Gray and Marko Families have given so much for us.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

uncle Fester

my heart aches for brooke and family...got to know them through the years of wrestling...proud to have them as friends...a week before christmas I called him needing a amery wrestling jacket with custom lettering to give to a friend who lost his...well between him and brooke they got it done with 2 days to spare...this jacket was for street glide and when he saw it he said this is better than the old one...glide passed on 2 weeks later and never wore it but the look on his face will never be forgot...another time he brought half of amery down to ellsworth for a custom ice bucket challenge...will miss you scott                                                                                                                                                         

your friend paul frandsen
we didnt come here for a picnic

bigG

Cashton sends condolences. Sad as it comes.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MOEGYMAN

We had the pleasure of sitting next to the Amery club at state,class act so sorry.

matwarrior34

If you would like to support the family, here is a link to a gofundme account for them.

https://www.gofundme.com/scott-marko-family

TomM

Scott Robert Marko, age 43 of Amery, Wisconsin passed away unexpectedly on Monday, February 27, 2017 at his home.
Scott was born on March 23, 1973 to Robert and Jan (Timm) Marko in St. Paul, Minnesota. Scott grew up and attended school in the Taylor Falls & St. Croix Falls area and graduated from St. Croix Falls High School in 1991. After graduating High School he attended college and graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Stout. He later received his Master's Degree from Bethel. On May 24, 1997 he was united in Marriage to Brooke Davis. They made their home in St. Croix Falls and Scott took a job teaching in Somerset. He later took a job with the Amery School District and made their home in Amery where they are raising 5 children. Scott was the Amery High School Wrestling Coach for many years. Wrestling was his passion. In his free time he enjoyed hunting, building furniture and watching movies.
Scott is survived by his loving wife, Brooke; 4 sons, Hunter, Kole, Griffin and Zander; a daughter, Abby; 2 brothers, Brad (Becky) Marko and Aaron (Malory) Marko; a sister, Amy (Eric) Hering; his parents, Robert (Jan) Marko; grandparents, Jack (Maxine) Timm, Ginny (Lyndon) Schoulgh and Gerry (Carol) Marko; his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Pam (Keith) Davis; 2 sister-in-laws, Breanna (Charlie) Swanson and Britnie (Jeremy) Siedow and a life- long friend, Dan Clark.

Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 PM on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at the Amery High School Gymnasium and for 2 hours prior to the service on Thursday at the Church. Funeral Services will be held at 6 PM on Thursday, March 2, 2017 at Alliance Church of the Valley in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin. A private Family Interment will be held at a later date.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

So sorry to hear this news.  I didn't know Scott personally, but his work and reputation speak volumes about what a great person he was.  Condolences to his family; praying that you will be blessed with strength, resilience, and a lifetime of fond memories.  
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrestlingshoes

The Somerset wrestling community sends prayers to the Marko family.
Mitch Flandrick Somerset......

dad 2 5

My heart is heavy hearing of the Marko loss. May God provide the strength and comfort you need in this time of deep grief and loss.
I read this morning and pass on to you from Psalm 66
16 Come and hear, all you who fear God,
    and I will tell what he has done for my soul.
17 I cried to him with my mouth,
    and high praise was on my tongue.
19 But truly God has listened;
    he has attended to the voice of my prayer.

Troy Grindle

Way to young.  I am sorry for the families loss. I never got the chance to meet him but I know that he was very passionate about the sport and helped mold many fine young men.

Troy Grindle
Waunakee
And then there was that.