Sad news coming out of Amery

Started by getyourpoints, February 27, 2017, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getyourpoints

So very sad!!!
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Marko Family, I dint know him personally but as an alumni of the school and a father around the same age I am devastated.

Forum Administration Addition:

Scott Robert Marko, age 43 of Amery, Wisconsin passed away unexpectedly on Monday, February 27, 2017 at his home.
Scott was born on March 23, 1973 to Robert and Jan (Timm) Marko in St. Paul, Minnesota. Scott grew up and attended school in the Taylor Falls & St. Croix Falls area and graduated from St. Croix Falls High School in 1991. After graduating High School he attended college and graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Stout. He later received his Master's Degree from Bethel. On May 24, 1997 he was united in Marriage to Brooke Davis. They made their home in St. Croix Falls and Scott took a job teaching in Somerset. He later took a job with the Amery School District and made their home in Amery where they are raising 5 children. Scott was the Amery High School Wrestling Coach for many years. Wrestling was his passion. In his free time he enjoyed hunting, building furniture and watching movies.
Scott is survived by his loving wife, Brooke; 4 sons, Hunter, Kole, Griffin and Zander; a daughter, Abby; 2 brothers, Brad (Becky) Marko and Aaron (Malory) Marko; a sister, Amy (Eric) Hering; his parents, Robert (Jan) Marko; grandparents, Jack (Maxine) Timm, Ginny (Lyndon) Schoulgh and Gerry (Carol) Marko; his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Pam (Keith) Davis; 2 sister-in-laws, Breanna (Charlie) Swanson and Britnie (Jeremy) Siedow and a life- long friend, Dan Clark.

Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 PM on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at the Amery High School Gymnasium and for 2 hours prior to the service on Thursday at the Church. Funeral Services will be held at 6 PM on Thursday, March 2, 2017 at Alliance Church of the Valley in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin. A private Family Interment will be held at a later date.

From the Amery School District via the Amery Free Press newspaper online version

QuoteAmery mourns loss of beloved teacher and wrestling coach
Feb 27, 2017 Updated 1 hr ago

Amery School District officials announced heartbreaking news of the death of High School Teacher and Wrestling Coach Scott Marko Monday morning. Marko passed away of an apparent heart attack Monday, having only just returned from the State Wrestling tournament in Madison over the weekend.

District officials announced the news to students and teachers before notifying parents via the school's district wide announcement system around 11 a.m.

In a recorded call that was sent to parents of high school students, Superintendent James Kuchta explained, "I'm calling you with sad news. This morning we were informed that long-time Amery School District teacher and head wrestling coach Scott Marko, died of an apparent heart attack. I do not have other details to provide to you.

"Please keep our school and community in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Trained staff have been available for students at all school buildings and will be available throughout the week. We are providing this information for you to assist your child as needed."

Funeral arrangements for Marko have yet to be made, and will be released when they become available.

http://www.theameryfreepress.com/news/amery-mourns-loss-of-beloved-teacher-and-wrestling-coach/article_fa7d028c-fd0e-11e6-b362-b70f89c46752.html

FinalWord

My thoughts and prayers to the Marko family and the Amery wrestling community. Scott was a fierce competitor and coach. Many of our duals were decided by one or two matches. He certainly will be missed.
Walt Anderson Ellsworth
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

Chris Hansen

It is beyond belief.  So sorry for both the Amery and St. Croix Falls wrestling communities.

Scott was a great man and father. 

eagleeye

Live long and prosper

shouldvewrestled

aarons23

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Marko family.  So sad.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Coach V

Thoughts and prayers for the Marko family!!!
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

2020Pony

Very sad news! My thoughts and prayers are with Brooke and her family!

Troy Kruse

littleguy301

terrible news!

thoughts and prayers from the Baldwin-Woodville wrestling community.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

davebrandvold

Our prayers are with the Marko family, community and school district of both Amery and St. Croix Falls.   Scott was a dedicated father, husband, coach, teacher, mentor.   He will be greatly missed.

The entire state of Wisconsin Wrestling Community mourns with you. 

Coach Dave Brandvold 

Lumpy

No good. The Marko family is in my thoughts and prayers.
-Matt S

Barou

Prayers and condolences to the Marko family.
JHI Mafia

Armdrag

The Marko family is in the thoughts and prayers of Hortonville wrestling

rl77

Thoughts and prayers from the Durand Wrestling Community.

bronco

MMGET wrestling community are all very saddened by this...our thoughts and prayers to the Marko family, friends, and community.