Refs

Started by Wrestlologist, February 28, 2016, 05:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

i can see that Officiating takes up a heck of a lot of personal time, one has to really love the sport and really be dedicated to it to become one...not to easy to do...   
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bkraus

No official works for the money or fame.  They do it because they love wrestling and want to give back.  But it is every officials goal to make the postseason and advance to state just like any wrestler.  These are the best 20 or so in the state.  Why not give them their due and announce who they are? 
Strive for Perfection

woody53

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 01, 2016, 01:53:23 PM
The officials take great pride in being selected for state.  They earned it and deserve the recognition.  It is my understanding that many are retiring and wrestling is going to be hurting for officials with great experience in those big matches.
We had three great officials Referee their last State Tournament this weekend. They were all part of my youth as an Official. Can not believe how emotional I got seeing each one do their last match.
Anyone attending at the end of the finals saw many Officials giving hugs to one another. That was it. Love the Guys that have gave so much to our sport.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

tleis

As a former official, now in NC, can anyone provide a list of the officials who worked the individual tournament?  And who the gentleman are that are retiring?

I know a couple who of the guys working team state as well, if anyone has a list of those - that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Travis

woody53

Quote from: tleis on March 01, 2016, 04:12:13 PM
As a former official, now in NC, can anyone provide a list of the officials who worked the individual tournament?  And who the gentleman are that are retiring?

I know a couple who of the guys working team state as well, if anyone has a list of those - that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Travis
Give me a couple of minutes.

woody53

Officials for this year were:
Philip Amstadt - Rhinelander
Ron Arendt - Palmyra
Dave Black - River Falls
Pat DeBruin - Manitowoc
Larry Gorres - Menasha
Harold Helen - Barneveld
Lynn Isensee - Sparta
Brett King- Grafton
Kirk Layer - Richland Center
Matt Pronchinske - Eau Clarie
Bruce Schaefer - Chilton
Dan Scharenbrock - Menashs
Mike Schumacher - Little Chute
Steve Skarda Menasha
Steve Willliamson - Blue River
They all did a great job. Kirk, Bruce, and Larry are retiring this year from the State Tournament.
Thank you Guys for giving your all to us.

maggie

what about my 2 Buddies, the 2 clowns from Arcadia?..well one from there anyways... ;D....if I'm not mistaken, I Accidentally stumbled into there room a few times at the Paper Valley one late night... :o
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

WBBs Bro

Pretty sure that Bruce Schaefer is retiring also.

woody53

Corrected it. Bruce is not Lynn.

jeast

Quote from: bkraus on March 01, 2016, 02:36:44 PM
No official works for the money or fame.  They do it because they love wrestling and want to give back.  But it is every officials goal to make the postseason and advance to state just like any wrestler.  These are the best 20 or so in the state.  Why not give them their due and announce who they are? 

Your statement that it is "every officials goal to make the postseason and advance to state just like any wrestler." is not true.

I know a few officials who deliberately don't get a master official status so they won't have to go to post season officiating. It's not for everyone. Sometimes the best officials want to ref at state and sometimes they don't. 

Just saying.  :)
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"