Most wrestling state medals held by a family

Started by ramjam#1, December 17, 2014, 12:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

what about donar's? Liegel's (one to go right?)? Evan's from DeForest?

warriordad

Only two brothers but the Kissle's from Oostburg
A.J  with 4 medals   3 championships
Pat with  3 medals   2 championships
uncle Peter Rogers with 4 championships

warriordad

Back in the 90's the Schanen family from Ozaukee
James 2 medals
Phil    1 medal
Dominic 4 medals
Ted   3 medals
----------------
       10 medals no championships

Jimmy

Has been lots of sarbackers, anyone have totals for them

Troy Grindle

Pretty sure there was one more wuinnike.  Unless it was a cousin, but I don't think it was.  Kid graduated from dodgeville two years ago?  He placed at state his senior year I think and won a state title in cc or track. Something like that. 
And then there was that.

boowrestle

Just checked at school 2 oldest spencers wrestled 1 season in california troy freshman yr and travis sophmore yr,combined between the 6 brothers their overall record for wisconsin high school careers was 700wins and 83 losses,"Pretty darn impressive when you consider they were not getting 50 plus matches per season like kids these days". ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

ougiqbxy

Tritz family of Rapids.  Jared 1, Justin 3, Travis 4(2), Kevin 4(2).   Something like 12 (estimate) Team state championships between them as well.

"One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison."

Rupert Birkin in "Women in Love" by D. H. Lawrence

rablaser

Spring Valley's Turner brothers were mentioned. 3 were named forgetting Ryan the oldest brother(Adam, Tony, Tyler) who I am sure was a 4 time qualifier and made it to the podium a couple times. Great family and great wrestlers!  

bkraus

Dale,

What do you have with your boys?  The Einerson's have to be up there somewhere too and with some still on the Rapids team.
Strive for Perfection

bigG

I think Dale has two still a thumpin'. One of WI's great wrestling families, to be sure.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

Looked it up in Track for the Einerson boys...  9 individual medals with 2 titles.  Two kids still to go on the Rapids team. 

The family has also won 12 team medals, 10 championship and 2 silvers.  That's pretty impressive as well.
Strive for Perfection