Most wrestling state medals held by a family

Started by ramjam#1, December 17, 2014, 12:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjam#1

Good ones guys! I need an exact number on the Yde's partially because i don't know which ones are cousins! haha solid family the roots are deep in wrestling there. Also good point on the Schmitz family! Add them in there too. Anyone know how many the Turners have? Adam, Tony, and Tyler have to be somewhere high on the list!

crossface21

Velasquez's from Racine: 14 medals, 7 of them State Championship medals. Frank-3, Gilbert-2, Tony-3, Leonard-3, Ravi-3. And I believe all of them were before freshman could compete or there would be a few more.

ramjam#1

Wow... thats crazy! How long ago was this? Can you give me a time frame? I'm just curious as to why i have never heard of them.

crossface21

Frank started in 1969 and the last was Leonard and Ravi in 1983.

bkraus

Quote from: crossface21 on December 17, 2014, 01:25:39 PM
Frank started in 1969 and the last was Leonard and Ravi in 1983.

And majority of those came when it was one division.  Even more impressive in my book.
Strive for Perfection

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Gutwrench

This topic comes up every couple of years. 

Isn't there some Lux.Casco families with a bunch?

bkraus

I'd also like to see the ratio per family.  All of these families are impressive.  But the Wunnicke's earning 12 with 3 brothers is incredible.  All they know is the podium.  I remember the Spensor's vividly having wrestled Troy.  Their total is impressive too, but did it with 6 brothers.  The opportunity is obviously greater with 6 kids vs 3. 
Strive for Perfection

ramjam#1

Ok so new list goes:
Velasquez brothers Racine- 14
Spencer brothers Baraboo- 13
Wunnicke brothers Dodgville-12
Mudlaff brothers Random Lake-10 with a high possibility of another this year and maybe more if the youngest brother who wrestled as a freshman and is a sophomore gets back on the mat.
Schmitz brothers Mineral Point- 10

* waiting on numbers for the Yde brothers from Arrowhead, the Turner brothers from Spring Valley, the Becker brothers from Hartford, and the Price brothers from East Troy.
*assuming that the numbers given are correct and the data only contains brothers and not dad and grandparents

ramjam#1

The ratio is true but honestly to have six brothers that all excelled at wrestling is incredible as well! Imagine how hard it is for the 3rd-6th brother to step out on the mat knowing what your older brothers have done, and knowing that everyone is expecting that out of you as well. Mad Props to all of these families.

ramjam#1

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on December 17, 2014, 02:28:09 PM
I believe the Becker brothers have:

Brad: 3 medals
Nick: 2 medals
Craig: 4 medals 1 title
Nick: 4 medals 1 title

Total: 13 medals 2 titles
Are you including dad and grandpa? or did they have two brothers with the same name?

bkraus

Quote from: ramjam#1 on December 17, 2014, 02:29:41 PM
The ratio is true but honestly to have six brothers that all excelled at wrestling is incredible as well! Imagine how hard it is for the 3rd-6th brother to step out on the mat knowing what your older brothers have done, and knowing that everyone is expecting that out of you as well. Mad Props to all of these families.

I'm not discounting any of it.  I would just love to see each family ratio.  I could do the math myself, but eh....   :P
Strive for Perfection

Dale Einerson

Quote from: ramjam#1 on December 17, 2014, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on December 17, 2014, 02:28:09 PM
I believe the Becker brothers have:

Brad: 3 medals
Nick: 2 medals
Craig: 4 medals 1 title
Nick: 4 medals 1 title

Total: 13 medals 2 titles
Are you including dad and grandpa? or did they have two brothers with the same name?

It is a variation of Darryl and Darrel...

HMsDad

If my history is right here are a couple families I came up with...

Craig and Joe Henning: Chippewa Falls 7 medals with 5 1st,3rd and 4th.

Shawn and Luke Smith Chippewa Falls 6 medals with 2 1st,2 2nd,3rd and 5th.

Jake,Jordy and Josh Crass 9 medals with 7 1st,2nd and 4th.

thequad

I can't think of any families from L-C that would have more than 5 or 6. But I'm sure Coleman would have some families with quite a few. Skarda's or Champagne's?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.