Most wrestling state medals held by a family

Started by ramjam#1, December 17, 2014, 12:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjam#1

Curious to see what family in Wisconsin has the most amount of wrestling state medals? Not counting dads and grandpas. Just brothers and sisters, but if you would like to toss that information in there that would be cool to!

wrestlingislife_189

I would assume the Wunnicke's are up there: Cole with 4, Bobby with 4*, and I believe TJ had 2.

maggie

going back a few yr one might believe that the Velesquez family from Racine might have a few from the 60's through the present day
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

boowrestle

Spencer brothers from baraboo// Travis (3) troy/zip (3)Trent(1) Trayton (1) Trevor (3) Traenor(2)/4 champs,3 runnerups,1 3rd,4 5th.1 6th/// 13 total Div1 state medals!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Dale Einerson

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

petertherooster

If it was it was 2018 I would say the Lee family

bulldog

Quote from: petertherooster on December 17, 2014, 08:30:41 AM
If it was it was 2018 I would say the Lee family

You may have to wait until 2032 for all the Lees to get through the system...

ramjam#1

I know the Mudlaff family has 10 individual medals with 4 titles. With the chance for another medal this year from Jon. Justin (4) with three titles Nick (3) with one title Jon (3) with this season still available. I wouldn't count team state medals just because there are a lot of good wrestlers that never are on a team of that caliber. I'm sure there are some Wisconsin Rapids wrestlers with a lot of team medals.

ramjam#1

Quote from: boowrestle on December 17, 2014, 07:22:41 AM
Spencer brothers from baraboo// Travis (3) troy/zip (3)Trent(1) Trayton (1) Trevor (3) Traenor(2)/4 champs,3 runnerups,1 3rd,4 5th.1 6th/// 13 total Div1 state medals!

Wow... to get six brothers in the same family to all step on a mat and for them to be that successful is pretty impressive. If the data checks out, that is one of Wisconsin wrestling's royal families.

imnofish

Quote from: ramjam#1 on December 17, 2014, 11:27:41 AM
Quote from: boowrestle on December 17, 2014, 07:22:41 AM

Wow... to get six brothers in the same family to all step on a mat and for them to be that successful is pretty impressive. If the data checks out, that is one of Wisconsin wrestling's royal families.

Those guys were really impressive.  They were the first family that I thought of, when the question was posed.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

jw52

Quote from: wrestlingislife_189 on December 17, 2014, 05:37:40 AM
I would assume the Wunnicke's are up there: Cole with 4, Bobby with 4*, and I believe TJ had 2.

Those were all championships. TJ was a 4 time medalist. 5th as a soph and 6th as a senior, I believe.

ramjam#1

So if i have this correct right now the list goes:
Spencer brothers Baraboo- 13
Wunnicke brothers Dodgeville- 12
Mudlaff brothers Random Lake- 10 with the possibility of 11 and maybe more if the sophomore brother Chris decides to come back to the mat (which he wrestled his freshman year)

There has to be more than this above 10 individual state medals..

gator

How bout the Yde's??? I think the young ones have 7 or 8 with 3 still in high school! Then add in the dads and uncles :o

Bnboys2

Schmitz Family of Mineral Point
Dan 1
Mark 3  1 Title
Scott 2  2 titles
Mike 1
Todd 3 1 Title

10 Medals 4 Titles