D2 Team Sectional Preview

Started by rankwizard, February 06, 2023, 09:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankwizard

Sectional A: #5 Amery, #6 Baldwin-Woodville, #7 St. Croix Falls, #8 St. Croix Central, unranked Ellsworth

A healthy 4 team race, I pick BW to flip the script and upset Amery

Sectional B: #2 Lux-Casco, #3 Freedom

Freedom has a lot of talent but they don't have a complete team like LC does... LC back to state

Sectional C: #1 PDC, #4 Lodi, #8 Winneconne

PDC beat Lodi 40-30 in the first weekend of December.. and they finished 20 points above Lodi at Bi-state.

PDC is favored but Lodi has the talent to pull the upset if things can go their way.

I'll pick PDC but I still give Lodi a chance to prove me wrong.

Sectional D: Some unranked teams in the mix here... Teams that are in the mix are Evansville and Belmont Platteville. Evansville is led by 2 state champions in the Heiser brothers and I am going with Evansville, but I give BP a chance to prove me wrong.

Team State: PDC, LC, Evansvile, and BW

I will pick LC to beat PDC if LC and PDC are both at full health.

hotcorona1

Saw Winneconne in Wausau a few week back, if healthy i would say they might be there in the end.

Kwishoff

If Amery is healthy, I do not think BW will beat them. 

justwrestle

Quote from: rankwizard on February 06, 2023, 09:29:28 AMSectional A: #5 Amery, #6 Baldwin-Woodville, #7 St. Croix Falls, #8 St. Croix Central, unranked Ellsworth

A healthy 4 team race, I pick BW to flip the script and upset Amery

Sectional B: #2 Lux-Casco, #3 Freedom

Freedom has a lot of talent but they don't have a complete team like LC does... LC back to state

Sectional C: #1 PDC, #4 Lodi, #8 Winneconne

PDC beat Lodi 40-30 in the first weekend of December.. and they finished 20 points above Lodi at Bi-state.

PDC is favored but Lodi has the talent to pull the upset if things can go their way.

I'll pick PDC but I still give Lodi a chance to prove me wrong.

Sectional D: Some unranked teams in the mix here... Teams that are in the mix are Evansville and Belmont Platteville. Evansville is led by 2 state champions in the Heiser brothers and I am going with Evansville, but I give BP a chance to prove me wrong.

Team State: PDC, LC, Evansvile, and BW

I will pick LC to beat PDC if LC and PDC are both at full health.

Belmont-Platteville only had eight wrestlers at the Clash.

BPfan

with no ranked teams in sectional D, it might come down to who has the fullest rosters.  I am not familiar with all of the teams in the two regionals, How many of them can have a full line up? or who are the teams that can get close to a full line up? 

thats2!

Quote from: BPfan on February 09, 2023, 03:16:12 PMwith no ranked teams in sectional D, it might come down to who has the fullest rosters.  I am not familiar with all of the teams in the two regionals, How many of them can have a full line up? or who are the teams that can get close to a full line up? 
I think it will be a three team race, all from the same regional. Evansville, Belleville /Monticello/new glarus, and black hawk darlington. Look for one of those 3 to come from sectional D

rankwizard

Quote from: thats2! on February 09, 2023, 06:57:45 PM
Quote from: BPfan on February 09, 2023, 03:16:12 PMwith no ranked teams in sectional D, it might come down to who has the fullest rosters.  I am not familiar with all of the teams in the two regionals, How many of them can have a full line up? or who are the teams that can get close to a full line up? 
I think it will be a three team race, all from the same regional. Evansville, Belleville /Monticello/new glarus, and black hawk darlington. Look for one of those 3 to come from sectional D

Evansville has the strongest roster, especially now with state champ Owen Heiser back from injury. Doesn't mean an upset can't happen though, just means that Evansville enters as favorites. B/P used to have 12-13 wrestlers and beat D/BH 42-38 in December but I see they must have lost some to injury or other reasons.

Evansville is a top 10 team in my book