Two piece uniform approved and other rules...

Started by bfboy, May 02, 2017, 01:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfboy

https://www.wiaawi.org/News/NewsReleases/tabid/113/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/11243/Alternate-Two-Piece-Uniform-Approved-for-High-School-Wrestling.aspx

Rule 4-1-1 The compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling shall be school-issued and shall have a minimum 4-inch inseam that does not extend below the knee. The form-fitted compression shirt shall not cover or extend below the elbow and shall have a minimum 3-inch tail. The shirt may be worn under a singlet or with compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling.

Specific language was developed regarding undergarment requirements for female contestants wearing a one-piece singlet or a form-fitted compression shirt, as well as for male contestants wearing shorts designed for wrestling.

The committee approved use of the alternate two-piece uniform in the hopes of increasing boys and girls participation in the sport after receiving favorable results from experimentation and positive comments from schools, students, coaches and officials.

Rule 4-5-3 now prohibits any activities that promote weight loss or weight gain when an athlete misses weight on his or her first attempt on the scale.

Rule 7-1-5  illegal holds/maneuvers in Rule 7-1-5 was a front flip and/or front hurdle over an opponent in the standing position.

Rule 5-11 related to falls and near falls. In 5-11-1, the shoulders or scapula of the offensive wrestler no longer must be inbounds to earn a fall.

Rule 5-15-2b, c was changed as follows: "Near-fall points or a fall shall be earned while the supporting points of either wrestler are inbounds."

•  Rule 5-19-10: The referee no longer may be behind the contestants when starting the wrestlers from the           down position, which has led the false starts by one or both wrestlers.

•  Rule 6-6-4a(1) and 6-6-5a(1): Errors by the timekeeper, official scorer or referee must be corrected prior to the offended        contestant leaving the mat area and before the start of the next match on that mat.

Ghetto

They also made a rule about the flying squirrel. Guess I can't teach that any longer.  >:(
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imwi

Neutral should be happy about this one

"The committee approved two changes in Rule 5-11 related to falls and near falls. In 5-11-1, the shoulders or scapula of the offensive wrestler no longer must be inbounds to earn a fall. The committee agreed that wrestling should continue if the offensive wrestler's supporting parts remain inbounds and no body part of the defensive wrestler goes off the mat. In 5-11-5, "unless any part of the shoulders or both scapulae of the defensive wrestler is inbounds" was eliminated. If wrestling is continuing during a match, near falls and falls will be awarded/earned regardless of the out-of-bounds line."

bigoil

bigG

Quote from: Ghetto on May 02, 2017, 01:39:18 PM
They also made a rule about the flying squirrel. Guess I can't teach that any longer.  >:(

Wonder how this makes Rocky feel.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Quote from: Ghetto on May 02, 2017, 01:39:18 PM

All that time we put in working on that move, shot to crap. >:( Guess we'll have to go back to the flip single.

Ghetto

Quote from: bigoil on May 02, 2017, 02:42:01 PM
No more squirming partially off ....

Now we really have to teach squirming. Reach for the wood floor, boys!

bigG

bigoil

Quote from: bigG on May 03, 2017, 08:23:01 AM
Grab the edge and pull.

Lol, I remember kids doing that in MS, must have been those Sout siders.

bigG

We're brought up on pro wrestling, there; so anything goes in Soutside resslin'. Truck axle hidden in your shorts, eye gouges, etc. If it worked for Dah Crusher, it'll work anywhere. Hard finish with a Crusher bolo and it's over. Imagine my dismay when, entering your amateur wrestling world, they stopped my Boston crab on a kid. Woulda been yelping for his life. Illegal? What a crock!

thequad

Some very good changes. Can both of the shoulders or scapula be completely off the mat to earn a pin or NF points?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Ghetto

Supporting points of the offensive wrestler have to be on, so in theory the guy on his back could be completely off the mat and still get pinned.

That's my interpretation at least.

bigoil

Quote from: thequad on May 03, 2017, 11:30:40 AM
Some very good changes. Can both of the shoulders or scapula be completely off the mat to earn a pin or NF points?

Yes, as long as supporting points of one of the wrestlers is inbounds.

"Near-fall points or a fall shall be earned while the supporting points of either wrestler are inbounds."

GradeTough

Yes, the approval of the two-piece uniform. This should make for some cool alternative gear.