Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: bigoil on Today at 08:50:33 AM
Quote from: Barou on Today at 08:06:11 AM
Quote from: Numbers on Yesterday at 06:30:19 PMSome of you make it sound like Bono has not offered the elite Wisconsin guys.  If wrestlers choose other universities that is not all on Bono.  It takes both sides.

I think most people have been pretty clear that the frustration is Bono not signing the Wisconsin elite kids.  Isn't about not offering.  Nothing will change with Bono at the helm.  If I was a Wisconsin kid I wouldn't be looking at the Badger program. 
Can you expand on the why you would choose not to go to UW because of Bono at the helm?

Over the past few years I think all of the reasons have been stated to the point of kicking a dead horse.
Quote from: Numbers on Yesterday at 06:30:19 PMSome of you make it sound like Bono has not offered the elite Wisconsin guys.  If wrestlers choose other universities that is not all on Bono.  It takes both sides.

There are stories all over the place that Bono and staff haven't even once contacted, let alone talk to some of the elite wrestlers. I also hear that is to bad because when Bono sits down and the kitchen table he talks well.
Nice recap Kirk. Only thing you missed is if Cale goes 174, who is going 165, and that can also be asked at 174 & 184 with Condon/Cale combo's.

Transfer Portal would be a nice answer there!
Racine Park/Horlick is looking to add some more varsity tournaments for our boys team. We should have pretty close to a full lineup next season. We have dates available on December 14 and January 18 and 25. If you have any openings, please email adrian.langlois@rusd.org. Thanks.
Quote from: rjchev141 on April 05, 2024, 04:51:19 PMRough guess of best scenario:
125 - Rivera, Spurley
133 - Fugitt, Exford, Bobzien, Coy, Kruse
141 - Lettini
149 - Zargo, George, Sheen
157 - Mechler, Goebel, Nilo
165 - Model, Anderson
174 - Condon, Kelly, Mitrovich
184 - Ingham
197 - Russo, Malin, Talshahar
285 - Amos, Johnson, Rosenfeld, Christensen, Empey, Schmidtke

Questions to Ponder:

Does Rivera go 125 and Fugitt go 133. leaving Bobzien and Coy to battle Lettini at 141? As we know, Bobzien and Coy did not wrestle at all last year..

What will happen at 157? Seems like Mechler had trouble generating offense but started to get better at the end of the season - Goebel, George and Nilo could all push for the spot.

Does Zargo stay at 149 or cut to 141?  What weight does Julian George go? 149 or 157?  He just wrestled at 70kg (154 lbs) and will probably try out at a weight Zargo is not at.

What weight does Cale Anderson go? 165 or 174? Looked solid at 174 - Could be pretty good at 165 if he can get down there...

What weight does Luke Condon go? 174 or 184? If he goes 184 we would not have to start a freshman (Ingham). Condon just got done wrestling at 86 kg (189.2 lbs). Wrestled at 174, 184 and 197 last season.

Will Russo takeover at 197? Hopefully he is healthy.

What happens at 285? Will Braxton be ready to wrestle? Will Johnson wrestle after football season? Rosenfeld improved as the season went along last year - hopefully he continues to improve...

Will any freshman or backups surprise next season?

Do we get any transfers from the portal? Quite a few options there. key backups, past AA's
WIWrestling Main Forum / Re: WWF today
Last post by panther93 - Today at 09:47:10 AM
Yes, well run as always.  I am always impressed with the dedication and expertise that our WWF brings. 

Keep up the great work!!!
WIWrestling Main Forum / Re: Freestyle State
Last post by panther93 - Today at 09:42:52 AM
I did like the venue, but from what I was told it was thousands more to hold it there.  If it were close in costs it would make sense, but probably not for the added costs.
WIWrestling Main Forum / Re: Freestyle State
Last post by bulldog24 - Today at 09:33:19 AM
100% Way Better!!!!
From Wisconsin Wrestling's Facebook Page...

U20 70 KG CHAMPION! 🏆

Julian George takes the crown in Puerto Rico! Julian completed the 2024 Eliminatorio Nacional Libre (Freestyle) at 70 KG undefeated with 3-0 record.

He defeated his opponents 10-0, 12-1 and 13-2. He has qualified for Puerto Rico's U20 World Team and will next compete in Lima, Peru at the 2024 Pan-American Games on July 11-13.

Congrats Julian!!
Quote from: Barou on Today at 08:06:11 AM

I think most people have been pretty clear that the frustration is Bono not signing the Wisconsin elite kids.  Isn't about not offering.  Nothing will change with Bono at the helm.  If I was a Wisconsin kid I wouldn't be looking at the Badger program. 
Can you expand on the why you would choose not to go to UW because of Bono at the helm?