WI INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS Update: #1 (12-10-2014)

Started by TomM, December 10, 2014, 02:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog

Quote from: crossface21 on December 10, 2014, 07:13:58 AM
Trent Leon from Kaukauna is ranked #6 and #10 at 126

Trent is so good he needs to be ranked twice  :D

Mack

Thank you to those who took the time to put together the rankings.  Your work is appreciated.  The rankings are part of the fun.  And, I wanted to add, some kids find motivation from not making the rankings, or being ranked lower than they feel they have earned. Sometimes the chase is ALMOST as much fun as when you arrive.

AmerysFinest

It's only the first update geeez lol we all know after Christmas the rankings will be better

LTD

Andrew McIntosh of Oak Creek is at 126 not 132 for D1. Thanks.

neutral

I'm not sure if they do any of this intentionally - maybe Tom can shed dome light on it - but, in order of likeliness ...

... 1 team could (theoretically) have more than 1 wrestler ranked at the same weight (unfortunately only 1 can wrestle there)

... 1 wrestler could (theoretically) be ranked at more than 1 weight (but can, of course, only wrestle at one)

About the only comment that is definitely valid is that 1 wrestler can only be ranked at 1 spot for any 1 weight class.

... just felt like bein' persnickety.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

DarkKnight

Quote from: bulldog on December 10, 2014, 12:22:31 PM
Quote from: crossface21 on December 10, 2014, 07:13:58 AM
Trent Leon from Kaukauna is ranked #6 and #10 at 126

Trent is so good he needs to be ranked twice  :D

Maybe they were unsure of where to rank him, or 2 members if the staff had differing opinions. lol.

I'm sure they will fix mistakes for the next time.

Alston Nutter (Fennimore) is definitely missing, and i hear him and Lull are pretty even in the wrestling room.

Handles II

Wow! :o What a bunch of sniveling babies! Keep being disrespectful to the very few people that put forth the effort to do the rankings and I wouldn't be surprised if they go away.

If you have a suggestion for a ranking, POLITELY send it in. Make sure you have the correct weight (not a guess) for the wrestler, the correct division, and the correct team.

If you can't be polite to Tom and others on this forum about it, then simply keep your comments to yourself.

DarkKnight

Your right,  I shouldnt be trying to make jokes.

Volunteering to do the rankings isnt an easy assignment, Given the amount of information and guesswork involved.

They do a good job.

Ty Clark

Quote from: Handles II on December 12, 2014, 10:13:58 AM
Wow! :o What a bunch of sniveling babies! Keep being disrespectful to the very few people that put forth the effort to do the rankings and I wouldn't be surprised if they go away.

If you have a suggestion for a ranking, POLITELY send it in. Make sure you have the correct weight (not a guess) for the wrestler, the correct division, and the correct team.

If you can't be polite to Tom and others on this forum about it, then simply keep your comments to yourself.

Honestly, there haven't been any rude comments. People pointing out weight changes/ mistakes (such as ranking a kid in two divisions/weights/etc.) are the reason that the rankings will evolve and get better as the season goes on. The first rankings are obviously always the toughest.
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Ty Clark on December 12, 2014, 11:53:37 AM

Honestly, there hasn't been any rude comments. People pointing out weight changes/ mistakes (such as ranking a kid in two divisions/weights/etc.) are the reason that the rankings will evolve and get better as the season goes on. The first rankings are obviously always the toughest.
+1
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

littleguy301

LIke anything, people are human and they make misstakes.

Like Ty said, the first ranking are the toughest.

Be like me, wait till until after the x-mas tournies to start looking at ranking then you have a better idea of where people are at and if the hype is for real.

But the only rankings that matter to me is the one at the end of Feb. Now we know where they rank but where they stand on the podium.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Handles II

Quote from: Ty Clark on December 12, 2014, 11:53:37 AM

Honestly, there hasn't been any rude comments. People pointing out weight changes/ mistakes (such as ranking a kid in two divisions/weights/etc.) are the reason that the rankings will evolve and get better as the season goes on. The first rankings are obviously always the toughest.

Sorry but I when I read some of the comments I felt a heap of sarcasm. Perhaps it was my mood this morning while in a completely unfounded series allergic-sneezing fits I've been having the last 24 hours.

Ty Clark

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 12, 2014, 12:47:27 PM
But the only rankings that matter to me is the one at the end of Feb. Now we know where they rank but where they stand on the podium.

That's BS. If we coaches could just agree on the rankings now, the schools could send us our paychecks, the WIAA could send the kids their medals and we could all go hibernate for the next three months until it gets warm again.
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

BPfan

But TY if they did that kids would not have real sport to play in the winter and may get tempted to play basketball and nobody wants that

Dale Einerson