Lack of sectional talk?

Started by boowrestle, February 20, 2014, 08:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on February 21, 2014, 08:53:29 AM
I wonder how the lack of practice because school has been cancelled for two days will effect some of these wrestlers?

Good point.  I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe snow shoveling will at least give them some physical activity.  Hopefully, it's not a huge factor in wrestling quality, as it will probably be hard to find an opponent who isn't facing the same challenge.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

boowrestle

Div1 106lbs thru out the sectionals(going to be a few higher ranked kids not making it to madison)going to be some big time matchups

waunakee/3 ranked kids
Occonomowoc/3 ranked
west Allis Central/4 ranked

Iceman,I have enjoyed watching/competing against the various LAW club kids over the years but dont take it personally,i have to cheer against a couple of them come saturday. ;)Good luck to everybody!!!!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Street Glide

Quote from: spoonerwrestling on February 21, 2014, 09:57:00 AM
Quote from: The Last Ride on February 21, 2014, 09:35:08 AM
Quote from: spoonerwrestling on February 21, 2014, 09:31:27 AM
I personally am looking forward to the caliber of wrestling that looks to be had at the Amery sectional.  160 is always a battle and 182 is so deep that I believe anyone could take this group.  And I will give a shout out to my Spooner team for qualifying 9-guys this year!  Drive safe and enjoy the great wrestling tomorrow!!!

How is the weather up in Spooner? About 11 inches in Hudson!

At least the snow came on Thursday night and not Friday night/ Sat. morning... we might be plowed out by then.  I think we got close to a foot.. hard to tell anymore! :o

Spooner always brings tough kids!   Will completely understand if you guys are still snowed in come Sat morning and can't make it.  ;D ;D

Street Glide

Quote from: Houndhead on February 21, 2014, 09:12:38 AM
Quote from: Street Glide on February 21, 2014, 08:23:48 AM
Quote from: ctl on February 21, 2014, 06:53:55 AM
lets start with the amery sectional, 182 6 ranked wrestlers in an 8 man bracket or 160 5 ranked wrestlers. WOW!

160. Frandsen and Ponick sure things, the question is who gets the third place ticket.

182. The Jury is still out with me on Schutz and Praschak.  Schutzs horse power alone probably gets him through, wonder what he would have been like if he hadn't missed a 1 1/2.  

132 also interesting.  #1 Cssukker and ranked Cain, but don't forget Benetiz who I see is not ranked but beat Cain earlier this week in a very close match.

120. The young freshman of A Lantz and A Connor are something to watch.  Both winners of their Regional, they may meet in semi finals.

Andrew Smith of Amery has quietly put together a great season at 32-3. Two of the losses came at the MN Christmas Tourney, does anyone know where the other loss came from?

Smiths other loss came in a Minn tournament at Eastview Tour. to a Farmington high ranked kid. 

Street Glide

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 21, 2014, 09:14:31 AM
Quote from: beastmode on February 21, 2014, 09:03:42 AM
lets start with the amery sectional, 182 6 ranked wrestlers in an 8 man bracket or 160 5 ranked wrestlers. WOW!

160. Frandsen and Ponick sure things, the question is who gets the third place ticket.

182. The Jury is still out with me on Schutz and Praschak.  Schutzs horse power alone probably gets him through, wonder what he would have been like if he hadn't missed a 1 1/2.  

132 also interesting.  #1 Cssukker and ranked Cain, but don't forget Benetiz who I see is not ranked but beat Cain earlier this week in a very close match.

120. The young freshman of A Lantz and A Connor are something to watch.  Both winners of their Regional, they may meet in semi finals.

How much weight is Connor giving up?

I dont think much now but with that said it could be 5 pounds or more if Lantz is cutting hard.

Lets just say he has ate all he wanted this week. :)

ICEMAN112

Quote from: boowrestle on February 21, 2014, 10:32:47 AM
Div1 106lbs thru out the sectionals(going to be a few higher ranked kids not making it to madison)going to be some big time matchups

waunakee/3 ranked kids
Occonomowoc/3 ranked
west Allis Central/4 ranked

Iceman,I have enjoyed watching/competing against the various LAW club kids over the years but dont take it personally,i have to cheer against a couple of them come saturday. ;)Good luck to everybody!!!!! :)

Boo - I completely understand but you better bring a megaphone to yell over me. :)

Houndhead

Quote from: Street Glide on February 21, 2014, 10:49:43 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on February 21, 2014, 09:12:38 AM

Andrew Smith of Amery has quietly put together a great season at 32-3. Two of the losses came at the MN Christmas Tourney, does anyone know where the other loss came from?

Smiths other loss came in a Minn tournament at Eastview Tour. to a Farmington high ranked kid. 

Thanks Glide. I definately think he has been flying under the radar season. No losses in WI is pretty impressive.

NWIS

I've been harassed for saying this but I think Smith is the best 106 in the state.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: NWIS on February 21, 2014, 11:41:49 AM
I've been harassed for saying this but I think Smith is the best 106 in the state.

I'm rooting for him to prove you right. Well at least in D2.

Street Glide

No argument from me.  Top 1 or 2.

crossface21

I'm still waiting for Ghetto to post the Regional numbers for participation. That always gets everyone talking.

TomM

Perhaps I created 'too many' areas to discuss... and inadvertently slowed down the chatter...
Created a space for each Sectional here < http://wiwrestling.info/index.php?board=210.0 > ... Maybe that made it too difficult to see the conversations?
I could just move all those to the 'WIWrestling Main Forum'... I will do that later.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

eagleshredder7

Their will be 2 Bi State Final Rematches in the Necedah Semi Finals at 152 with Pederson and Cornell and 82 with Lunde and Chadd.

Ghetto

Quote from: crossface21 on February 21, 2014, 11:59:57 AM
I'm still waiting for Ghetto to post the Regional numbers for participation. That always gets everyone talking.

I already got the data ready. Thought I'd wait until after state.  ;D

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MantyWrestler

Quote from: Ghetto on February 21, 2014, 12:16:25 PM
Quote from: crossface21 on February 21, 2014, 11:59:57 AM

I already got the data ready. Thought I'd wait until after state.  ;D

start it now.
Jack Youngchild
Manitowoc Lincoln