Nationals

Started by padre, April 04, 2014, 09:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

Some highly stacked brackets once again....more California kids than I remember.

I see Mason Reinhardt and Scharenbrock got to semis....160 could be the overall toughest bracket there with some state placewinners from different states even cutting from their end-of-the-year 170 pound weight class.

imnofish

I see M. Fall made it to the quarters at 160, then lost twice. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

npope

I see that Jordan Dieringer (Alex's brother) has made the semis at 184. I also note that he is identified as coming from Stillwater, OK. Evidently the family moved to OK after Alex decided to go to school there? Anybody have any details on the situation?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

billymurphy

In the interview Dieringer said his family moved to Oklahoma.  A brother still lives in WI that he planned to visit this summer.

npope

Okay, but what were the motives? We don't often see families moving to be closer to their kids during their college years. Alternatively, could this be one of those "Apple Valley" scenarios where the motive is to get the younger siblings into some powerhouse athletic program at the high school level? Or is there something else going on? I am not asking to judge the motives, but rather, it just seems like a unique series of events. It's just a sincere question asked in order to find some clarification of a unique circumstance.

Nat Pope

aarons23

Quote from: npope on April 05, 2014, 08:07:22 AM
Okay, but what were the motives? We don't often see families moving to be closer to their kids during their college years. Alternatively, could this be one of those "Apple Valley" scenarios where the motive is to get the younger siblings into some powerhouse athletic program at the high school level? Or is there something else going on? I am not asking to judge the motives, but rather, it just seems like a unique series of events. It's just a sincere question asked in order to find some clarification of a unique circumstance.

Your assumption is wrong...and it's none of yours or anyone else's business.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

padre

I had heard they moved to be closer to their son in college and much easier to watch him compete. 

npope

Quote from: aarons23 on April 05, 2014, 08:38:54 AM

Good morning, Aaron  :)

Nat Pope

Street Glide

Good god npope.  How dare you wonder why a well known wrestling family from wisconsin moved to a different state with the circumstances mentioned.  What were you thinking to ask something on a open wrestling forum?  Nobody on this site would ever question such things? :)

Ino

It is unique, but does happen. Chandler Rogers moved to the same school and John Smith's oldest son is on the team too.

http://www.stwnewspress.com/highschoolsports/x853084579/Stillwater-wrestling-looks-loaded-with-addition-of-transfers

http://www.stwnewspress.com/highschoolsports/x2118239100/Stillwater-wrestling-qualifies-nine-for-state

padre

Quote from: Street Glide on April 05, 2014, 11:27:23 AM

Good god npope.  How dare you wonder why a well known wrestling family from wisconsin moved to a different state with the circumstances mentioned.  What were you thinking to ask something on a open wrestling forum?  Nobody on this site would ever question such things? :)

;D  Absurd!!!! ::)

padre

Quote from: imnofish on April 04, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

Nice little run to add to a great season.

aarons23

Quote from: Street Glide on April 05, 2014, 11:27:23 AM

Wonder all you want....but it's still none of your business....no need to start unfounded rumors....which is what Npopes post insinuated .
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: padre on April 05, 2014, 11:54:12 AM
Quote from: imnofish on April 04, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

Nice little run to add to a great season.

Yeah.  I like the way he wrestles.  Was hoping he would go even farther.  Not surprised to see him move up to 160, though, since he's so tall.  That kid was designed to be a cradle machine!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

I see that Scharenbrock made the finals!  8)

Update:  Lost 8-3.  His opponent put on a takedown clinic.  Still, awesome accomplishment for the future Badger!