Final Episode of Steven Monk (On-the-Brink)

Started by mnkstr, April 01, 2014, 10:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnkstr

The last episode of Steven Monk (Wausau West High School/North Dakota State) at the NCAA Championships in Oklahoma City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdEQ-Cp0Ykc&sns=fb

imnofish

Thanks for sharing this very inspirational video.  Congrats to Steven on this great accomplishment!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

mnkstr

imnofish...Thank you. North Dakota State University media wanted to promote the sport of wresting.  The new Sanford Health Athletic Complex should be done in about 1 ½ years.  The first class facility will give all athletics at NDSU a competitive edge over other big Division 1 teams.

The wrestling team is definitely on the rise. I look forward to watching and supporting upcoming Wisconsin natives: Alex Blaney, Mitch Friedman, Matthew Gray, Evan Knutson, Justin Scherkenbach, Joe Umlauf, Hunter Weber, and Tyler Weyer.  They are all champions that worked hard with Steven to get him on the podium.  A lot of them will be wrestling in Vegas this month.

Wausau West Warrior & NDSU Bison Pride- Tami Monk   

visionquest

Quote from: mnkstr on April 03, 2014, 09:37:26 AM

imnofish...Thank you. North Dakota State University media wanted to promote the sport of wresting.  The new Sanford Health Athletic Complex should be done in about 1 ½ years.  The first class facility will give all athletics at NDSU a competitive edge over other big Division 1 teams.

The wrestling team is definitely on the rise. I look forward to watching and supporting upcoming Wisconsin natives: Alex Blaney, Mitch Friedman, Matthew Gray, Evan Knutson, Justin Scherkenbach, Joe Umlauf, Hunter Weber, and Tyler Weyer.  They are all champions that worked hard with Steven to get him on the podium.  A lot of them will be wrestling in Vegas this month.

Wausau West Warrior & NDSU Bison Pride- Tami Monk   

That is quite a pipeline of wrestlers from Wisconsin on that team.  I look forward to seeing how they continue to do.  Roger Kish and company is doing great things out there.
Proverbs 27:17

ChargerDad

That was pretty awesome!  As a native of North Dakota, and a father of a young wrestler in Wisconsin, I've been watching with great interest the pipeline of Wisconsin wrestlers back to my home state:-)  It's been awesome following Steve's success!  It's just a little bit hard to cheer for the Bison, but since my alma mater 75 miles north of Fargo no longer has a wrestling program (or a nickname), Go Bison!!