Ellsworth Invitational

Started by DarkKnight, December 09, 2014, 01:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkKnight

I see the Ellsworth Invitational isnt on track, and i was wondering what the results were... I see a lot of good teams were there

Street Glide

It's there.  Go under more tournaments.  Touch search, then Wi for state held in and then touch common dates and hit last week.  You should find it there.

DarkKnight

thanks. i wasnt able to access it through the team pages, so i assumed the information wasnt posted.

I see Wolfe beat Webb 1-0 at 113. i expect them both to drop.

Seth Schegel (126) is pretty tough, giving SVE another weapon. i guess he was constrained to JV duty last year.

DarkKnight

I expected Ethan Hofacker (SVE) to be at 220, since his MWW was only 194... so no use is cutting. yet.

Garrett Joles (Boyceville) surprised by by beating Anderson and winning the whole thing at (170). definitely belongs in the rankings I see now.

Johnson is at 152. Martin started at 145... will Johnson drop later??  I dont think he will, but he might want the challenge. It might be nice to seem wrestle in the regular season, but they both deserve a state title.

Hand Control

Darkknight you suggest a lot of weight changes for some of these wrestlers,maybe the idea should be to grow and not dodge wrestlers ,as to test a wrestlers skills. I think Ben Askren has some great ideas towards this as to get bigger and stronger.Especially early in the season.As far as the Joles kid being a surprise,what have you been doing hiding under a rock.

DarkKnight

No i live in a cave, not under a rock.  he is a freshman and i don't hear of every wrestler in the state.

and im glad they grow, i wasnt suggesting any changes...Hofacker jumped to 220 which was good and I was wondering if Johnson would drop to 145 to challenge Martin, just for the sake of doing so. He doesnt have to.

beastmode

I just watched Joles manhandle and pin Mitch Paulson of Clear Lake tonight at 170lbs. Not only should he be in the rankings he should be ranked pretty darned high. This kid is talented!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

guillotine

I agree, Joles is the real deal. Deserving of a ranking. Clear Lake looked tough beating Boyceville. They have some good freshman too.

littleguy301

Joles is a stud for sure. I dont like to be Debbie Downer but it is a long season and for a freshmond to start at such a high weight will take a toll but after watching Joles for some time if anyone is built for the long haul, he sure has the shoulders to carry that weight.

I have a sneaky thought that I would not be suprised to see Hofacker at 95 by the end of the year. I dont think he is a full 220 and maybe closer to 200 but I havent seen a weight sheet on him but he doesnt carry around much extra and that is why his body fat test has him at 94. Pretty put together kid there.

Not sure as to where Johnson weighs in either but he looks pretty solid and stronge at 52. I know I would like to see him drop and match up with Martin but I also think Martin might drop also. I can only dream of that match but I did get to see Johnson/Lantz and that was a good one. It was 4-3 when Johnson scored a 4 point move in the latter parts of the 3rd. Some my see the score at 8-3 but I felt it was a tad closer than that but that is my opinion. Both those 2 are pretty good if I may add.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

CL Fan

Quote from: beastmode on December 09, 2014, 09:13:47 PM
I just watched Joles manhandle and pin Mitch Paulson of Clear Lake tonight at 170lbs. Not only should he be in the rankings he should be ranked pretty darned high. This kid is talented!
Paulson was giving up quite a bit of weight to Joles, but I do agree he is a tough cookie

littleguy301

Quote from: DarkKnight on December 09, 2014, 03:42:26 PM
I expected Ethan Hofacker (SVE) to be at 220, since his MWW was only 194... so no use is cutting. yet.

Garrett Joles (Boyceville) surprised by by beating Anderson and winning the whole thing at (170). definitely belongs in the rankings I see now.

Johnson is at 152. Martin started at 145... will Johnson drop later??  I dont think he will, but he might want the challenge. It might be nice to seem wrestle in the regular season, but they both deserve a state title.

While I said that I think Hofacker will drop, I will also add that I was wrong. Unless something drastic happens he is not going anywhere but 220. He is alot bigger than I first thought.

I do wonder if Johnson will drop, 52 looks to be stronge in D3 or I should say that if Pitzs stays it is stronge. I wonder if Johnson will go for a rematch with Johnny C from Chetek at the Northern Badger. I would like to see that one ;D I hope Johnson stays at 52 because he has some pretty good match ups at x-mas and at state.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet