Here goes nothing!

Started by littleguy301, March 19, 2020, 01:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

My little dog Sophie has been taking me for long walks, typically 45 minutes to an hour.  The longest one was 90 minutes!  I can't believe that those little legs can keep going that long!  She's grown tired of the same route after nearly 9 years, but I think the biggest reason for the long walks is that none of the people she likes to visit are outside these days.  So lately, she has been keen on exploring new neighborhoods and natural areas in our community.  Today, we made a special trip to Lyons Park, which features a large deck overlooking the Yellow River.  In a few weeks, maybe we'll bring her fishing pole. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I ask my pup if he wanted to go for a walk. He rolled over and broke wind. Seriously!

I proceeded to crawl back into bed with him. He won ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 20, 2020, 08:36:30 PM
I ask my pup if he wanted to go for a walk. He rolled over and broke wind. Seriously!

I proceeded to crawl back into bed with him. He won ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

littleguy301

The last couple of days my dog has been alot more active. Though not until later in the day. Kind of funny watching him run around and play. He doesnt do it that often....

bigG

If I ever have to go back into work, I might have to chapter my dog. Gonna be a tough day. My son's home from college and I work a ton from home, so he's got it MADE.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

My little dog is a Shi-Tzu, Poodle, Yorkie, Schnauser mix.  She typically weighs about 10 lbs.  Our groomer had surgery in late December, went through a long recovery and physical therapy, then was shut down due to COVID-19 restrictions on groomers.  She is the ONLY person that Sophie will let cut her hair and nails, so our little dog looks like a 30 lb. ball of fluff these days.  Other than her daily hikes, she is starting to just hide under the couch lately.  We are looking forward to her grooming session in about 2 weeks! 

TomM

winnie has not been to grooming yet. Have a wonderful groomer near Watertown. Tender Touch is name of the place. Stepanie and Andy are great. Winnie is just 16 weeks old tomorrow.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on April 30, 2020, 07:36:30 PM
winnie has not been to grooming yet. Have a wonderful groomer near Watertown. Tender Touch is name of the place. Stepanie and Andy are great. Winnie is just 16 weeks old tomorrow.

Congrats on the new pup, Tom!  What breed is she?  That's great that Winnie will get her first grooming from a gentle groomer.  Sophie's first grooming experience came at the hands of someone who was highly recommended, but it turned out to be very traumatic.  She has been very fearful of grooming ever since.  Fortunately, we found a groomer who is very kind, gentle, and patient with her.  She has been able to gain Sophie's trust so that the job can be accomplished, but it's seldom easy. 

TomM

Hey!
Winnie belongs to my neighbor.  I just borrow the pup for training and fun.
She's English Cream Retriever... mostly same as a Golden, but color is something like white, cream, beige.
Like this
https://m.facebook.com/englishcremepuppies/photos/a.120316955242469/234565003817663/?type=3&source=54

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on May 02, 2020, 09:22:13 PM
Hey!
She's English Cream Retriever... mostly same as a Golden, but color is something like white, cream, beige.
Like this
https://m.facebook.com/englishcremepuppies/photos/a.120316955242469/234565003817663/?type=3&source=54

Beautiful!   8)

littleguy301

Well how is the pup training going?

TomM

Winnie is great!
Was 6 ounces at birth (smallest of litter), now 22lb at 4.5 months of age.
Energetic and smart.
Walking well on leash, learning commands and tricks.
- improving at 'recall' and 'stay' and 'leave it', sit, stand, down, up (to climb stairs etc.), off (to get down from places), waits for 'ok' command before eating food. Working on weaving in and out of legs when I walk, doing a figure eight around my feet, climbs up my stretched out legs to my chest when I'm sitting in chair and say 'up'. Retrieves ball.
Brings newspaper in to house from driveway each morning. Totally house trained at 2 months. Let's you know when she needs to go out to do her 'duty'.
Would be hard to describe a better pup at this point.
Thanks for asking!
T

Numbers

Quote from: TomM on May 25, 2020, 04:45:26 PM
Winnie is great!
Energetic and smart.
- improving at 'recall' and 'stay' and 'leave it', sit, stand, down, up (to climb stairs etc.), off (to get down from places), waits for 'ok' command before eating food. Working on weaving in and out of legs when I walk, doing a figure eight around my feet, climbs up my stretched out legs to my chest when I'm sitting in chair and say 'up'. Retrieves ball.
Brings newspaper in to house from driveway each morning. Totally house trained at 2 months. Let's you know when she needs to go out to do her 'duty'.
Thanks for asking!
T

Sounds like these COVID pups might be the best in over a generation.

littleguy301

Quote from: TomM on May 25, 2020, 04:45:26 PM
Winnie is great!
Energetic and smart.
Thanks for asking!
T

That is awesome. My guy doesnt do one of those things and he is 7. Well he is potty trained and can open lever lock doors. Going outside takes energy so usually my guy only goes outside 2 to 3 times a day for duty time other wise he holds it and naps ;D ;D

Glad to hear your having lots of fun with the pup!

bigG

Quote from: TomM on May 02, 2020, 09:22:13 PM
Hey!
Like this

Nice lookin' pooch.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.