What would you do to make wrestling better in WI

Started by littleguy301, March 17, 2021, 11:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

EH! You stole all my ideas! Agree 100%, though. Great minds, Trucker, great minds.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DarkKnight

Quote from: TruckerCapAttack_1977 on March 24, 2021, 08:54:37 PM
What would you do to make wrestling better in Wisconsin? 

I would implement the "Trucker Way".

1. Mental training would be priority .00000001.  That number comes just after zero but way before #1...that is how important mental training is.

2. Cardio.  It don't matter how many moves you know if you are too tired to do them.  My mentor told me If you know how to read but don't bother reading, you might as well not know how to read.  Knowing the blast double and lateral drop only maters if you have the cardio to do it.

3. Get rid of the 7 percent rule and replace it with the 7 food groups rule.  You have to have at least 1 item per day from each of the seven food groups.  The groups are 1. canned meats (spam, Dinty Moore beef stew) 2. Texas Toast. 3. The "O's" (cheeto's Doritos and frito's). 4. Beef Jerky. 5. Mountain Dew and Pixie Stix.  6. Bacon. 7. Little Debbie Snacks of your choice.

4.  Re write the rule book and the rule book shall be limited to a cover page, a 2 sided page in the middle and a back cover.  Page 1 shall have the word "Behave" written on it.  Page two shall say "all disputes will be settled by reading page 1.  If no agreement can be reached after each person states their case, the dispute shall be settled buy a best of three Rock, Paper, Scissors."

5.  Practices shall last no more than 1 hour.  During that hour you may not stop moving, or wrestling, or thinking about wrestling.  One practice a week will take place in a barn or machine shed and will incorporate no fewer than 3 items from the shed into a cardio workout.  Run sprints with a tractor bungee corded to your belt loop, do push-ups with two feed sacks on you back, and shoot blast doubles through a tractor tire come to mind as examples.

6.  From now on, WIAA shall stand for "Wrestling Is Always Awesome" and we will all proceed accordingly.

7. We will no longer give plaques or medals for awards at tournaments. 
1st place will get a can of spam,
2nd place will get a two liter of Mountain Dew, 
3rd place will get a flannel shirt. 
Stratigicly, this is the best way because if you eat the spam or drink the Mountain Dew you no longer have anything to show off to relatives and neighbors and you will be motivated to win another tournament.  3rd gets a flannel shirt because third is the toughest place to get because you have to come back after a loss.  But the shirt will eventually wear out and you will have to earn another.

That's what I got...whats you got?

+1000000