What Would You Ask Dan Gable (Shane Sparks Interview) Help me out :)

Started by SSparks, June 08, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSparks

This Friday I will be doing a short interview with Dan Gable at the Badger Steak Fry.  I always have a pretty good idea about questions, but curious as to what others might ask.  What would you ask Dan Gable?  Hope to see you this weekend in Madison.  Badger's Steak Fry along with the World Team Trials makes for a pretty special weekend for Wisconsin wrestling and its fans.  Shane

TomM

8)
My first question from Shane to Dan..
"Want to go 6?"
Second question from Shane to Dan..
"Can I have your autograph for my friend Tom?"

Question from me, if I had to ask Dan one question...
"My friend Shane always says he could take you down... is he right?"
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

npope

We all know that ability and determination are key components to becoming an outstanding wrestler. I would be curious as to which attribute he thinks is more important and by what margin. For example, can a person of average athletic talent, but with great determination and desire, reach the pinnacles of success in our sport?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

CLC FAN

npope - great question.

Shane: "What current wrestler do you wish you could have faced in your career - Burroughs?  Dake?  Taylor?  Tsargush?  Metcalf?  Other?"

I don't quite know how to word this but I'm looking less for an answer based on weight class and more based on style/skill/mentality etc.

bigoil

Does he remember some of the :45 minute matches with Randy Lewis, beating him to a pulp when Gable was close to 40 and could he describe the intensity of the matches.

leg turk

I would ask, " Does it ever get old kicking Wisconsin's tail every year? "

Dale

I would simply ask "What makes wrestling the greatest sport in the world".   I suspect the answer would drive the rest of the interview.

LKing

I'd like to hear his take on youth wrestling and his overall opinion of youth sports and how it helps-hurts their future.  His view on what age-when he feels is a good time to begin wrestling competitively.

imnofish

Quote from: LKing on June 10, 2015, 12:02:51 PM
I'd like to hear his take on youth wrestling and his overall opinion of youth sports and how it helps-hurts their future.  His view on what age-when he feels is a good time to begin wrestling competitively.

Great question! 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

thequad

What do you think should be done to increase interest and keep interest in our sport?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

dad 2 5

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

What were your thoughts right after accomplishing your goal of winning Olympic Gold in 1972?

What did you enjoy the most from being the Head Coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes?
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Troy Grindle

As a coach at any level that you coached who was the most athletic wrestler, the most technically superior wrestler, the hardest worker, the biggest bad inappropriate term2 as in the guy who would have rather punched you in the face than wrestle you.
And then there was that.