What's with these middle aged women reserving 3 and 4 rows of seat?

Started by the mayor, March 29, 2015, 07:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: the mayor on March 30, 2015, 05:35:47 PM
I agree with how this event was run and I must say those in charge did a great job.  The answer to the seating debacle seems rather simple.  Bring the ushers in on it and limit this reserving to two or 4 seats max, if at all.  Please accept my apology for bringing girth into the equation, it was merely an observation.

I'm too old to be offended by the reference to "middle age" and I'm neither a woman, nor fat (but I'm a little fluffy  ;D ), so I didn't take it personally.  I think what you probably had was Grandma setting up the family camp.  How many coolers did she have?  Those take up a lot of room, ya' know...   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wraslfan

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 30, 2015, 08:18:47 PM
What I am saying is the WWF officials did a pretty awesome job of checking the coaches for the proper IDs
One gentleman was particularly vigilant about checking coaches / wrestlers, even after you showed your wrist band to get on the floor. He'd ask to see the wrist band 30 seconds after you showed it to get into the tunnel (as soon as you exited the tunnel / entered the floor). He would then ask if your bout number was on the screen before letting you proceed. If you had a match on one of the mats right outside the tunnel, you might even get questioned a third time.  ;D I understand why he was doing it though, on Saturday there seemed to be a lot more people mat side, and he was trying to keep things moving and open.

Not a prayer I would listen to anyone telling me I could not take pictures, or film. I'd calmly tell them that if the person sitting in that seat comes back, I'll move over a seat and that I was just there to film or take pictures of my wrestler. You'd have to be a real moron to argue with someone over that.

littleguy301

Quote from: wraslfan on March 31, 2015, 05:57:37 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 30, 2015, 08:18:47 PM
What I am saying is the WWF officials did a pretty awesome job of checking the coaches for the proper IDs
One gentleman was particularly vigilant about checking coaches / wrestlers, even after you showed your wrist band to get on the floor. He'd ask to see the wrist band 30 seconds after you showed it to get into the tunnel (as soon as you exited the tunnel / entered the floor). He would then ask if your bout number was on the screen before letting you proceed. If you had a match on one of the mats right outside the tunnel, you might even get questioned a third time.  ;D I understand why he was doing it though, on Saturday there seemed to be a lot more people mat side, and he was trying to keep things moving and open.

Not a prayer I would listen to anyone telling me I could not take pictures, or film. I'd calmly tell them that if the person sitting in that seat comes back, I'll move over a seat and that I was just there to film or take pictures of my wrestler. You'd have to be a real moron to argue with someone over that.

More than one was vigilant. I got stopped Saturday morning walking across to the even side in the middle of the walk way to get checked. I also on Friday night had someone ask me to leave because you can only have 2 coaches per wrestler. I stated as I was walking to mat side with my wrestler that I was the only coach and really needed to be there ;)

It was nice to see that they were making sure of the proper coaching stuff. Actually I wish they would also do that at regionals ;D

Once again, not bashing the WWF, awesome tournament couldnt have done anything better. Though I am sure next year they will top themselfs again like usual.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

padre

We sat up in the third level as a team this year to get away from the hassle. I've had plenty of members in the past saving many seats but finally came to the conclusion it just creates too many issues. Actually thought the seating and view was much better in the lower 300 level rows and didn't need to go through the awkwardness of seeing arguments over seats.

So were kids not able to have a parent stand behind the bar if there was a coach available? Many times I am just going match to match and had parent of a third grader booted when I got there right before the match. I understand they don't want it to get packed but some ho overboard. That child needs someone to get them back to their seat. It was getting a bit irritating when I was starting to be asked what bout number.  Not sure what would be an easier way to do this.

ramjet

answer is smaller venue wrestle in shifts.

Obnoxious obese lady saving seats? Entitlment and just being obnoxious decent people would respect the elderly and gave up the seats. A selfish self absorbed obnoxious person would just sit there......simple things like holding a door for a lady or the elderly is just lost such a simple kind gesture I do it and will go out of my way to its amazing how good you make a person feel by displaying some simple respect and decency.

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on April 01, 2015, 06:47:08 AM
answer is smaller venue wrestle in shifts.

Obnoxious obese lady saving seats? Entitlment and just being obnoxious decent people would respect the elderly and gave up the seats. A selfish self absorbed obnoxious person would just sit there......simple things like holding a door for a lady or the elderly is just lost such a simple kind gesture I do it and will go out of my way to its amazing how good you make a person feel by displaying some simple respect and decency.

+1
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wraslfan

Quote from: padre on March 31, 2015, 11:27:05 PM
It was getting a bit irritating when I was starting to be asked what bout number.  Not sure what would be an easier way to do this.
I thought I was the only one being asked what bout number?!. ;D When I gave the wrestler's name and mat number I got a look in return that left me with the impression  that information was not a satisfactory answer. So I looked up at the screen and waited for the bout number to come up and told him the bout number in addition to the wrestler's name and mat number. Again, I understand why I was being asked though. It was more distracting than anything else I guess. Ok, a bit irritating.   

aarons23

Quote from: wraslfan on April 01, 2015, 05:02:52 PM
It was getting a bit irritating when I was starting to be asked what bout number.  Not sure what would be an easier way to do this.
I thought I was the only one being asked what bout number?!. ;D When I gave the wrestler's name and mat number I got a look in return that left me with the impression  that information was not a satisfactory answer. So I looked up at the screen and waited for the bout number to come up and told him the bout number in addition to the wrestler's name and mat number. Again, I understand why I was being asked though. It was more distracting than anything else I guess. Ok, a bit irritating.   

Lol...come on Fan with those looks on you, you should be used to being questioned.....great seeing you again.  Sorry we couldn't chat longer.  We will  have to do lunch again.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

ChatStorm

The team/school I'm a part of usually travels in a large group to Madison or other tournaments/venues. We always arrive early so that we can scope out where to sit and a bunch of Moms claim a place for all of us while Dads and wrestlers do their thing. That said, it is never just one or two attempting to reserve 20 seats. It's more like 10 - 15 and I can honestly say we are always courteous to those who want to sit near us or take up seats in our group. We are there to watch kids wrestle and the fun discussion and camaraderie in the stands is just part of it. If you want to sit with us move right in. No problem at all. My point is this - it does not take much to be neighborly. In fact, it's way more fun that way!

wraslfan

Quote from: aarons23 on April 02, 2015, 07:35:13 AM
Quote from: wraslfan on April 01, 2015, 05:02:52 PM

Lol...come on Fan with those looks on you, you should be used to being questioned.....great seeing you again.  Sorry we couldn't chat longer.  We will  have to do lunch again.
You mean my Mike Tyson face tattoo?  ;D

the mayor

This has really gotten sidetracked, but my last post is to say, the organization ran a wonderful tournament, this isn't about them, this is about rude people making the elderly go up and down steps, while their coats occupy much needed seats.  Those trying to justify their bad manners on here are just sad people.  I hope next year when I come down you try the same thing, for I will be sitting in the middle of your group.  I never thought I would see the day that the elderly were treated like this, especially around the wrestling mat.  If you want your coats and blankets to sit by one another, take them to the upper level.  I can't believe someone would come on here and actually try and defend these actions. 
The Mayor
If you can catch the chicken Rock, you can catch Creed.

wraslfan