Ohio State

Started by BuckyMatt, January 14, 2020, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodGod

125... Barnett dec Heinselman 3-0

133... Gross maj Decatur 7-0

141... Pletcher dec Moran 7-3

149... Sasso dec Martin 7-6 (possible bonus, don't like the matchup for Cole)

157... Scharenbrock dec Cleary 10-6 (legit toss up)

165... Wick dec Smith 13-6 (just don't see bonus here)

174... Romero dec Krattiger 13-9 (possible bonus)

184... Sebastian dec Hoffman 16-9

197... Moore tech Christensen/Watkins 16-14 (prolly a major but Moore is tough)

285... Hillger dec Traub 19-14 UW

Impartial as possible, should be a good dual with a lot of tight matches.

J Feiner

It should be a great match! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Sconnie bar before the match.
If you wanna be quick, you gotta be fast......

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

gofor6

After intermission we need bonus points from Wick and Thor. Let's go! Jump around!!

mkm13

Ouch. The last 2 were not pretty.

crossface21

Disappointing match. I thought some of the matches would be closer. Instead, they turned into bonus points for OSU. Not having Watkins or Sebastian didn't help.

I still don't understand why they pulled Christensen's RS. I have a few far fetched ideas, but probably grasping at best.

With that said, In Bono We Trust.

mkm13

Next year is a bit concerning. Our young guys have a loooooong way to go to expect any level of points at nationals.

Rat

Wow that's terrible wrestling on the whole Badger wrestling team. They probably took 20 shots tonight and 95% were straight on and then get yourself buried on the bottom.Pulling Christensens redshirt was really not the thing to do. The Badgers are not even close to top 5 in the big ten.

mkm13

I have no issues pulling Christensen's redshirt. Amos is coming in next year and we have Hillger for 2 more years at HWT followed by Copass.

Rat

or maybe you use Christensens redshirt to get down to 184 for next year

leg turk

It's funny how the perspective of a team can change from one dual meet to the next.

wrestlemania

"or maybe you use Christensens redshirt to get down to 184 for next year"

Hopefully because if Dow gets beat like that by an unranked wrestler at home they're going to need Christensen at 184 next season.

Very disappointing. Losses at 157 and 174 were just killers.

mkm13

In general it was a good effort and about as expected without Sebastian wrestling.  OSU is really good and will make a lot of good teams look worse.

The only concern for me is I wish our young guys would have shown more at this point.  I get they are young, but they are far off to being at the level needed for a top 5 program. 

The difference between OSUs young guys and ours were significant. Obviously OSUs recruiting is right there with the best, but it still shows the hill that will need to be climbed to get there.

mike

Quote from: wrestlemania on January 18, 2020, 09:58:20 AM
"or maybe you use Christensens redshirt to get down to 184 for next year"

Hopefully because if Dow gets beat like that by an unranked wrestler at home they're going to need Christensen at 184 next season.

Very disappointing. Losses at 157 and 174 were just killers.

I don't see a 184 Christensen beating Dow next year.  Pretty sure the kid who beat up Dow last night is pretty good. Anyone recognize his last name? Dow definitely needs to grow into 184 weight class if that the plan for next year

mkm13

A positive in the Christensen match is he was smaller than Moore. I know Moore is a very big 197, but maybe with an offseason he could get down to 184 if needed.