Ben Askren - 2008 Olympian, Two-Time Hodge Trophy Winner
Damion Hahn - Cornell Associate Head Coach
Bryan Snyder - Nebraska Associate Head Coach
Doug Schwab - Northern Iowa Head Coach
Donnie Pritzlaff - Rutgers Associate Head Coach
Kyle Ruschell - Wisconsin Assistant Coach
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

squeeze

Ruschell is on their list but Trevor Brandvold is not? 

Dale Einerson

Heard a rumor that Trevor would like to stay on as an assistant, but, more than that at this time is not in he making.

buc65

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 19, 2018, 12:57:23 PM
Quote from: leg turk on March 19, 2018, 12:47:03 PM
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6145456-whos-in-line-for-wisconsin-job

Pyles wrote the article, and he has a DIRECT LINE to Bono. He's texted him on FRL and gotten a reply before the show ended. That he's listed first is important. I feel the caveat he added at the front ("Someone's inclusion on this list does not imply he does or does not have interest in the position."), is to specifically appease Bono, so he doesn't get in hot water if he stays in the lower Dakota. It seems pretty obvious something is happening.

Ultimately though, I think money stands in the way between him and the job.

You may be right that money will stand in the way, but money may not be the most important issue to Bono.   His current salary at SDSU is $130,000 and reportedly Pitt offered him $220,000+ when their job was open last year.  

If money is the key factor then Bono probably would have jumped at the Pitt job.  He was likely looking for a different opportunity than Pitt.  Maybe UW is that opportunity.  

The UW job is listed at a minimum of $120,000.  UW obviously knows how much he makes currently and isn't going to offer him less money than he currently makes.

Dale Einerson

State jobs typically list the minimum.  Typically, the minimum is 20% lower than the midpoint; the max is 20% higher than the midpoint.

wrastle63

Pyles wrote the article, and he has a DIRECT LINE to Bono. He's texted him on FRL and gotten a reply before the show ended. That he's listed first is important. I feel the caveat he added at the front ("Someone's inclusion on this list does not imply he does or does not have interest in the position."), is to specifically appease Bono, so he doesn't get in hot water if he stays in the lower Dakota. It seems pretty obvious something is happening.

Has obviously nothing to do with it for Bono. He turned down a $220,000 to keep his $130,000 job? Because money is the issue?

Bono is looking for the next step(if he does leave). Pitt wasn't a step up it was a step sideways with a program that needs work. Wisconsin would be a step up because it is in the Big Ten, better academics, better recruiting opportunities, and with a similiar team. The ceiling is much higher at Wisconsin than SDSU. Will Bono leave? Who knows he may stay and coach Gross and be a legend at SDSU. I would love to have his passion and excitement especially if he brought Jon Reader with to assist. That dude is a beast.

bigG

Quote from: coconut joe on March 19, 2018, 02:55:13 PM
Bono is too short.  We need more height at the head coach position.

Yeah, and he's so thick that clapping is an issue when he dons a suit. Not good.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 19, 2018, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 19, 2018, 02:01:56 PM

Has obviously nothing to do with it for Bono. He turned down a $220,000 to keep his $130,000 job? Because money is the issue?

Or, he wants more than $220K, and doesn't want to make a bunch of jumps on the way to that figure. That's a possibility as well, no?
Lol or he wants to have 10 national champs on his team and a million dollar salary. Yea it is possible but makes no sense at all. If it was about money he would have left.

Lumpy

Quote from: coconut joe on March 19, 2018, 02:55:13 PM
Bono is too short.  We need more height at the head coach position.

+1 This Guy gets it
-Matt S

wrastle63

So 1 person in the NFL is the standard for all discussions?

Maybe he choose the Raiders because of Derek Carr one of the young great qbs, with a great wr, good running game, and good pass rushers. It was also where he had previously coached and has connections.  He was offered lots of money to coach in places Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, Jets, etc. Why didn't he go there? Because there was no upside and it would be hard.

Why didn't Bono go to Pitt? It would be a ton of work for a limited ceiling. Why would he go to the Raiders good money and a chance at Super Bowls as soon as his first year. Why would Bono come to Wisconsin? A chance to compete with the best in Big Ten.

dad 2 5

that would be a serious SWEET - Bono comes in and bring Seth Gross with him!!!!

Jimmy

Could gross follow? He is at his second div.one school now?

Ghetto

I think Pyles just came on the forum and copied our ideas.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dad 2 5

Quote from: Jimmy on March 19, 2018, 06:39:56 PM
Could gross follow? He is at his second div.one school now?
I was thinking graduate transfer but you are probably right that he could not