Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millert

"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

Bires was mid pack in his practice today, which is where he normally has been. I think he has a top twenty qualifying car and a top fifteen finish.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Bires didn't have a good qualifying run and will start 31st today. It seems the Fords are not very fast on their own, however they do draft well and should be in contention for a win with Kenseth. I think Kelly can get a top 15 still.

woody53

At the half way point, Kelly is running in 19th.

woody53

Real nice run for kelly at the end as he got all the way up to 12th. I knew he could get a top 15 run just by being patient. Nice Job Bires.

woody53

Rough day for Kelly today as he finishes 30th, ten laps down, at California. The good think is he does stay in the top 15 in points. I think Kelly needs to introduce Steven Wallace to a wrestling mat. :wink:  :twisted:

millert

My thoughts exactly.  Kelly's fan club will be up in running very soon.  I will let you know.
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

Got home from state and I see that kelly had a good, strong fifteenth place finish. keeps him in the top fifteen in points. Doing what you got to do Bires. Keep it up.

woody53

I see that Bires had a good practice today. Only a half a tenth slower than Kenseth, who really does well at Atlanta. Should qualify mid-pack tomorrow. I am going to go out on a limb. After last week, and how well he was running before he pitted at the end. I going to predict a top ten this week at Atlanta.

woody53

Qualifying was snowed out this morning down in Atlanta. Yes, SNOWED out. Kelly will start 16th today based on owners points. They should be able to get the track dried for the mid-afternoon start.

woody53

Another great job by Bires today. Came back to finish 12th after being tagged in pit lane by Gregg Biffle. Moves all the way up to 10th in the season points.

woody53

Interesting that five cars that were in front of Bires at the end of the race on track, have been moved behind him on the results. We will wait to see whats going on. :?

woody53

And they changed them again. Bires finishes 11th now. Still 10th in points.

woody53

And back to 12th place finish, still tenth in points. That was an interesting hour with results. NASCAR is mum on what was going on.

woody53

There is a great write-up about Bires today on NASCAR.com. Going into Bristol this weekend, he is tenth in points and the Cup guys are taking notice of him.