Thielke

Started by bucking it up, January 08, 2016, 02:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

To put a positive spin on it, maybe he was freeing up some scholarship money for the team since he wasn't planning on returning anyways. 

imwi

Quote from: Harris on January 08, 2016, 05:39:41 PM
To put a positive spin on it, maybe he was freeing up some scholarship money for the team since he wasn't planning on returning anyways. 

Now there's a glass half full kind of guy!!

Off to the Badger meet

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 08, 2016, 06:11:39 PM
I can't wait to hear what BD has to say concerning this latest defection.

I am sure we will get BD side of the story which I am guessing is very diifrent then JT side of the story

Ghetto

Quote from: Harris on January 08, 2016, 03:44:20 PM
Regardless of who, what, when, where, why and how.................I am going to miss seeing Jesse in a Wisconsin singlet.  He signed and wrestled for the Badgers during very tumultuous times and I am very happy with the time we had him.  He is a positive person and I will enjoy watching him wrestle greco in the future just like I enjoyed watching him in high school and college.

+1
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

hammen

Wish this man the best, even though he still tear my hamstring a few years ago  ;)

Rio right around the corner bud. Go get it HB

Musky Hunter

Sucks to see him go but wish him the best.  I figured this would end up a bashing thread as they all do.  Do not understand why the same crew tears apart the UW wrestling program and thinks that is helping.  If you have a problem go face to face with the AD or the coach.  Now that would be worth watching. 

sudden_victory

Can anyone compare and contrast the experience of the Ryan Taylors, Tyler Graffs. Tom Clums, anyone named Jordan, how they are successful and why other elite wrestlers are not? Is it wrestling partners, training techniques, assistant coaches? Or is it just between the wrestler and the head coach?
Life is a bowl of cherries.

hammen

Quote from: sudden_victory on January 08, 2016, 11:29:03 PM
Can anyone compare and contrast the experience of the Ryan Taylors, Tyler Graffs. Tom Clums, anyone named Jordan, how they are successful and why other elite wrestlers are not? Is it wrestling partners, training techniques, assistant coaches? Or is it just between the wrestler and the head coach?

Balance of social life, academics and sport is a difficult mix for a young man to figure out.

sudden_victory

Thank you, Drew. I remember Travis Rutt did not make All American after going to Oklahoma.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

Micah

Every kid needs something different as they are not all the same and some kids need more than others.  The coach that can identity what makes each kid click and can reach the kid will have the most successful kids.  Outside of Iowa, PSU and MN in the Big Ten every school is basically getting the same talent level.  It comes down to development and motivation.

Teams like Edinboro, Cornell and Mizzou seem to have a coach that is very dynamic and can develop kids that are not top blue chip recruits.  The UW is not the best in this category but they aren't the worst.  So when they miss on a kid or two it is a bigger trickle down effect than other top schools.  That's how it appears to me from the outside.

billymurphy

Is Peissig spending way too much time on the academics and not enough time on the wrestling? Is that really the problem at Wisconsin?
I personally think the reason comes down to having top level coaching (that means running the practices, recognizing talent and recruiting)
Is it just dumb luck that Ellsworth wins state every few years? (their long time legendary head coach finally retired)
Did too many wrestlers on the team give up bonus points to Nebraska to make it a competitive match?
Will it be luck if Rutgers beats up on the Badgers this year? Barry won national coach of the year and received a big bonus when Pritzlaff ran the practices.
Is it just bad luck that no Wisconsin high school kid has won a national championship for Barry in his 20 years of being head coach at Wisconsin?
-No is the answer, in case you did not know, since so many titles have been won by Wisconsin high school kids during that time.
Do you seriously think that if Pritzlaff was the head coach at Wisconsin and Barry was coaching at Rutgers, that the match would be close,
or that Thielke would be transferring, for unknown reasons (not buying in being Barry's reason)?
There is no reason that a coach would not win if they had Taylor, Jordan, Robertson and Medbery to put on the mat.  Next year the team should be loaded,
what happens the following season has me worried though.

Ivan Stankowski

Well I Will start the guessing game of what college he will be wrestling at next.

University Northern Colorado under new coach Troy Nickerson.

Well lets hear what the rest of you think

Micah

His style would mesh well with Nickerson I think.  Based on just coaches I think UNC and WVU would be good places for him to land.

Micah

He always did well in the classroom.  I am sure he will graduate college, just depends on the route.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: Goat Roper on January 09, 2016, 09:37:59 AM
I say no college and he will concentrate on Greco.

Not disagreeing just very strange to ask for a release if he has no plans on wrestling in college