Thielke

Started by bucking it up, January 08, 2016, 02:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucking it up

Jesse has officially asked for release from the University of Wisconsin.

mkm13

That really should not be a surprise to anyone.  Good luck to Jesse in his future.  He is an elite Greco wrestler.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 08, 2016, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on January 08, 2016, 02:42:53 PM
That really should not be a surprise to anyone.  Good luck to Jesse in his future.  He is an elite Greco wrestler.

So you think his "primary" reason for leaving the Badgers is to pursue Greco? LOL.... 

If he was going to concentrate on Greco he wouldn't need a release, he would though if he planned on wrestling for another school

npope

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on January 08, 2016, 02:49:32 PM

If he was going to concentrate on Greco he wouldn't need a release, he would though if he planned on wrestling for another school

Agree with that - no need for a release if he wasn't planning on going to another school at some point.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

mkm13

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 08, 2016, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on January 08, 2016, 02:42:53 PM
That really should not be a surprise to anyone.  Good luck to Jesse in his future.  He is an elite Greco wrestler.

So you think his "primary" reason for leaving the Badgers is to pursue Greco? LOL....  

Can you show me where I said the primary reason for him leaving the Badgers is to pursue Greco?  Not sure how one could get that out of what I said.

He is an elite greco wrestler.  He is focusing on greco this year. He did not have the folkstyle success here he expected.  You can blame that on whatever reason you want, it does not matter at this point.  I hope he decides to wrestle folkstyle again somewhere else, and I hope it is at 133 and not 141 (unless he gets bigger - which would be difficult to do and make his greco weight).

Micah

Is the UW going to grant the release?

imwi

Quote from: Micah on January 08, 2016, 03:16:58 PM

What if they don't?  Legitimate question, not a Thielke or Barry or whatever question, just in a situation like this, I do not know the rules and I'm curious as to what happens if UW says no.  I seem to recall that you have to sit out a year if you go to another school in your conference but I don't know if that is with the release or without the release.  I'm not even sure that is fact, I make a lot of stuff up.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: imwi on January 08, 2016, 03:30:49 PM
Quote from: Micah on January 08, 2016, 03:16:58 PM

What if they don't?  Legitimate question, not a Thielke or Barry or whatever question, just in a situation like this, I do not know the rules and I'm curious as to what happens if UW says no.  I seem to recall that you have to sit out a year if you go to another school in your conference but I don't know if that is with the release or without the release.  I'm not even sure that is fact, I make a lot of stuff up.

Read the "Making a Murderer---Steven Avery--Netflix" thread, there are A LOT of posters that make up a lot of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badgerjohn

Quote from: imwi on January 08, 2016, 03:30:49 PM
...........  I'm not even sure that is fact, I make a lot of stuff up.

Welcome to the interweeb .....
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Harris

Regardless of who, what, when, where, why and how.................I am going to miss seeing Jesse in a Wisconsin singlet.  He signed and wrestled for the Badgers during very tumultuous times and I am very happy with the time we had him.  He is a positive person and I will enjoy watching him wrestle greco in the future just like I enjoyed watching him in high school and college.

Grappler

Either way its a badass tattoo Coconut and im sure jesse will always be proud to represent for our state.. Looking forward to watching him make a run all the way to Rio..

billymurphy

I would like to know why Thielke asked for his release.

jaguarwrestler

hope to see him at another school, will always be a fan. I think he needed a fresh start after last year.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

imwi

Quote from: coconut joe on January 08, 2016, 03:55:52 PM
Also, what's he going to do with that tattoo?

Turn it upside down in to an M ?  Sorry, it's the best I could come up with, no fact or hearsay from my ex-wife's 3rd cousin's Uncle that used to be a janitor at Germantown high scholl that heard something about him going to Minnesota, it was just a joke.

I will say this, my son tried Ringers for a bit, I think this would have been after Jesse's 4th State Championship, Jesse was helping out, to this day, my son has nothing but great things to say about him.  Tries to claim he wrestled 'with" Thielke but we both know the truth  ;D  No comments on the whole UW folkstyle situation.

I watched him at the Olympic trials in 2012 and I'll watch him again in 2016 and be rooting for more success for him.

Briopiate

I remembered coming across this cryptic tweet a couple of weeks ago and wondering what it was about:

"Jesse David Thielke ‏@thielke_smooth   13 Dec 2015
Ah yes, now I remember the mission at hand. Silly me for getting distracted so easily. Classic badger antics."