week 3

Started by EIUwrestler1, December 16, 2013, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EIUwrestler1

Cedarburg at Port, Wednesday.  That's all, .  ;)

Where is everybody else?

bkraus

Quote from: EIUwrestler1 on December 16, 2013, 09:24:11 AM
Cedarburg at Port, Wednesday.  That's all, .  ;)

Where is everybody else?

Hahahaha...  That will be the conference dual of the year.  

We host Grafton on Thursday.  At Ed Stech Invite on Friday/Saturday.
Strive for Perfection

bkraus

Big one tonight!  I wish I could see it.  Someone please post results.
Strive for Perfection

aarons23

Quote from: bkraus on December 18, 2013, 12:30:42 PM
Big one tonight!  I wish I could see it.  Someone please post results.

It's is a big one this evening.  Graft ons middle school takes on Ports Thomas Jeffesons middle school in Grafton @ 4pm....it'll be fun watching those guys scrap! ;D ;D

Seriously though ...I thought it would be great to schedule the Cedarburg dual along with the middle school dual...would help getting the younger kids and parents more involved, excited and understand high school wrestling.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ghetto

I need to make it from Greendale Middle School to Port HS in 30 minutes. Gonna have to compress that a bit.

Can't wait. Should be a fun dual.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

aarons23

When Cedarburg sees our four Russian transfers in the line up they will probally be protesting...which should delay it enough for you. ;D
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

CHS FAN

Cedarburg beats Port 41-25

aarons23

Congrats to Cedarburg.....very well coached, in great shape, and wrestled very well.  Conference tourney will be fun. ;)

It's very strenuous! 

bkraus

Any match by match results?
Strive for Perfection

Ghetto

Thanks for holding up the dual til I got there Aaron. Much appreciated.

From my awful memory:

106- Ced pin
113- Port FF
120- Port Major
126- IDK
132- Ced pin
138- IDK
145- Ced Dec
152- Port Dec
160- Port Dec
170- Ced pin?
182- Port FF
195- Ced dec
220- Ced pin?
285- Ced pin

I can empathize with the Port kids today. I was a part of a Muskego team that lost for the first time in 108 dual meets. It's almost a mourning period for a while after. Tough weekend if they have a tournament.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Out of Nowhere

Poor man's match by match results (no guarantees on having all the port names correct):
                                                    PW - C
152: Lueck (PW) dec Sigler (C)            3 -  0
160: Clark (PW) dec Hammer (C)          6 -  0
170: Isbister (C) fall Masters (PW)        6 -  6
182: Fleischman (PW) forfeit              12 -  6
195: Seeke (C) tech fall                    12 -  11
220: Watson (C) forfeit                     12 -  17
285: Polum (C) fall Fidler (PW)            12 -  23
106: Ryan (C) fall Meinel (PW)            12 -  29
113: Makoutz(PW) forfeit                   18 - 29
120: N Rosado(PW) maj Lesar(C)         22 - 29
126: Smith(PW) dec Hickey(C)            25 - 29
132: S Ipsarides(C) fall M Rosado(PW)  25 - 35
138: Stahnke(C) dec PW                    25 - 38
145: J Ipsarides dec PW                     25 - 41

coastguard

Congratualtions to Cedarburg-their wrestlers have worked very hard and performed very well last night.

There is no mourning in Port...Honestly..Our goal has never been to win the conference tournament.  It has just been a byproduct of a successful program from youth to high school.  Same as what Cedarburg has going right now.  I can promise that we will be better at the end of the season for the state tournament...and looking forward to future years of success with a great group of middle school kids eager to be a Pirate.

aarons23

Quote from: Ghetto on December 19, 2013, 09:00:22 AM
Thanks for holding up the dual til I got there Aaron. Much appreciated.

From my awful memory:

106- Ced pin
113- Port FF
120- Port Major
126- IDK
132- Ced pin
138- IDK
145- Ced Dec
152- Port Dec
160- Port Dec
170- Ced pin?
182- Port FF
195- Ced dec
220- Ced pin?
285- Ced pin

I can empathize with the Port kids today. I was a part of a Muskego team that lost for the first time in 108 dual meets. It's almost a mourning period for a while after. Tough weekend if they have a tournament.

Hey I did everything I could to hold it up...my 9 year old even walked Cedarburg all the way around our school to get to the locker room.  Right EIU? ;D ;D

Funny thing is my kid was as lost as they were but he came back with a little grin saying...I knew what I was doing dad.

It's very strenuous! 

EIUwrestler1

I should have know better to trust that kid after the 4th flight of stairs.  ;)

Matski Grappler

There were some great matches (Fidler/Polum as an example) but Cedarburg clearly had the upper hand in the dual.  It appears that Cedarburg's wrestlers - on balance - were in far better condition than those from Port.  Cedarburg also had a noticeable sense of confidence and well-tempered swagger.  Their win was solid.  The conference meet will be very interesting, when Port has two months of conditioning under its belt.  As Ghetto has said for years, it's good for the conference to have somebody able to challenge Port, at last.