Wisconsin Rapids Regional

Started by foxyfarmchick, March 10, 2014, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

911Dad

Nothing but good things to say about this Qualifier.  Much less of a brawl for seating during the young kids/older kids overlap than we had in the past at Merrill.  Everything moved along nicely, especially at the end; the kids got their required break time, but while waiting, matches were moved to the waiting mat to keep the other ones going.  For the first time in several weeks, I didn't see one bit of confusion with either scorekeeping or timekeeping.

Big props to Rapids for a job well done.

Sad to say, this will be the last trip with my guys to the qualifiers...but at least we got one more ticket to Madison!  See everyone at Alliant!

-Dad

PS  Anyone know what happened to Tyler Gill in Fondy today?  Hate to see a top contender go out with an injury...

padre

Quote from: 4x State Chump on March 15, 2014, 09:35:16 PM
funny how so many were wondering if Rapids knew how to run a tournament......there were 497 kids at rapids and makes me wonder why other regionals were so much bigger as most of the kids up north went farther to qualify...

I actually heard 396...not 497.

imnofish

Quote from: padre on March 15, 2014, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: 4x State Chump on March 15, 2014, 09:35:16 PM
funny how so many were wondering if Rapids knew how to run a tournament......there were 497 kids at rapids and makes me wonder why other regionals were so much bigger as most of the kids up north went farther to qualify...

I actually heard 396...not 497.

There were 101 more who were really short, so some folks didn't notice them.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

SP

Only the clubs that are USA members are allowed to vote for the site for the regional. Some clubs do not run as USA clubs and only the kids that enter the state series buy USA cards.
I know in the past it seemed to me that some tournaments up north did not require USA cards to be able to wrestle. This may not bethe case anymore but in the past it was. I am pretty sure there is a list of all clubs sanctioned through USA on the WWF website.

The place to ask for a change or bid on the youth regional is at the Regional meetings in September. These are not very well attended from what I have heard.

My guess is that Wisconsin Rapids put in a bid and it was voted on by the regional clubs. I am not sure if Merrill also wanted it again or if anyone else was in the running to host. Sounds like things went well as far as the tournament and how it was run.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

padre

Quote from: SP on March 16, 2014, 04:20:30 AM
Only the clubs that are USA members are allowed to vote for the site for the regional. Some clubs do not run as USA clubs and only the kids that enter the state series buy USA cards.
I know in the past it seemed to me that some tournaments up north did not require USA cards to be able to wrestle. This may not bethe case anymore but in the past it was. I am pretty sure there is a list of all clubs sanctioned through USA on the WWF website.

The place to ask for a change or bid on the youth regional is at the Regional meetings in September. These are not very well attended from what I have heard.

My guess is that Wisconsin Rapids put in a bid and it was voted on by the regional clubs. I am not sure if Merrill also wanted it again or if anyone else was in the running to host. Sounds like things went well as far as the tournament and how it was run.

In the northern region there are basically 0 tournaments that ask for a USA card.  75 % of my club members use it once a year for tournament entry...that being regionals.

NutsoWrestlingMom

Quote from: 911Dad on March 15, 2014, 09:21:26 PM
Nothing but good things to say about this Qualifier.  Much less of a brawl for seating during the young kids/older kids overlap than we had in the past at Merrill.  Everything moved along nicely, especially at the end; the kids got their required break time, but while waiting, matches were moved to the waiting mat to keep the other ones going.  For the first time in several weeks, I didn't see one bit of confusion with either scorekeeping or timekeeping.

Big props to Rapids for a job well done.

Sad to say, this will be the last trip with my guys to the qualifiers...but at least we got one more ticket to Madison!  See everyone at Alliant!

-Dad

PS  Anyone know what happened to Tyler Gill in Fondy today?  Hate to see a top contender go out with an injury...

I can answer the PS - Tyler sprained his shoulder in this semi-final match.  We was struggling to free himself from a butcher and keep from getting turned for nearfall, and he pulled his shoulder really hard.  His folks had to take him in for x-rays to make sure he hadn't separated the shoulder, and thank heaven, he didn't.  Lots of ice and ibuprofin for a while.  I agree it's a huge shame, because he's an incredibly talented young man!