Healthy Grilling

Started by imnofish, May 24, 2014, 10:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Pineapple, onions and peppers are sublime grilled. I've been avoiding wet marinades lately and use dry rub marinades, then I'll apply some sort of sauced with oil and a little vinegar with the spices I dig added and mixed with some honey for stickiness. then baste the meat as it grills over low heat. Make chicken like this and it's gone right quick. baked paotatoes and grilled veggies and you're hittin' the notes. I like to rub lard or chicken fat on the inside of the foil I wrap the baked potatoes in.

Lately most boneless meats I grill are for taquitos that I serve with a pico de gallo of onions, cilantro, habanero and julienned jicama (you could use radish in its place). Got the rich meat, the cruch, the (banderita) tortilla. Kills 'em. I'm already chibbin' up, so I guess I should think a bit more "healthy."
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

G, you are the first person I thought of when I saw these recipes.  Hope you find several that you can enjoy, here. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

I've never made a chutney before. Might be my first.

I got high hopes for fishing tomorrow and Monday. My pal was at this spot last week and caught his limit in 45 minutes. The bar has been set.

Yeah, if we hit it rich, I'll fillet the bluegills and crappies like usual, but I want to gut them and save the bones and heads (collar up)and make a fish boil out of 'em.

Just sharpened my knives for the cutting detail. Hope my boy doesn't lose a finger.

Thanks for the link, bud. Get dem grandkids out fishin', ya hear! :)

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on May 24, 2014, 01:49:07 PM
I've never made a chutney before. Might be my first.

I got high hopes for fishing tomorrow and Monday. My pal was at this spot last week and caught his limit in 45 minutes. The bar has been set.

Yeah, if we hit it rich, I'll fillet the bluegills and crappies like usual, but I want to gut them and save the bones and heads (collar up)and make a fish boil out of 'em.

Just sharpened my knives for the cutting detail. Hope my boy doesn't lose a finger.

Thanks for the link, bud. Get dem grandkids out fishin', ya hear! :)

My wife is bedridden with a sudden health issue, so fishing has been sidelined for the past few days.  She is improving, thanks to some great meds and other therapies, but we're stuck at home for at least another week.  She tried to talk me into taking her up north, but I told her to be patient.  No sense messing up the whole summer.  Hope your crew slays 'em tomorrow.  Have fun!

bigG

Dang sorry to hear that, Fish. I don't know how I would handle seeing my bride suffer like that. Stay the course buddy.  The grandkids will get fishin' time with gampa.

If this spot hits, I know I'll be taking my dad out with my boy and we'll be livin' the dream.

Fish or not, I'll be with my boy and dog. Fish would be the icing on the cake. we'll have earned them. Been skunked a lot this early fishin' season. The Miss being so dang high ain't helping. Panfish this week and trout next (Kickapoo river, Mickey, if you're still on here, I'd meet you at Rockton bar for the best biker grub out there.)