Fish and Tomato Soup

Started by imnofish, January 21, 2014, 06:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

I'm not usually a big fan of fish soup, but this one looks good!  The wife's not buying it, though, so I may have to make it for her.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/2013/01/10/tomato-fish-soup/?utm_source=ENL-IFS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily+Newsletters
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Doesn't sound good; but it turns out great. I haven't made this, but a neighbor of mine made a huge pot and made me try it. Loved it. Just make sure you add the fish a little later. You don't want it disintegrating. The fish chunks are the mojo.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 21, 2014, 06:10:11 PM
Doesn't sound good; but it turns out great. I haven't made this, but a neighbor of mine made a huge pot and made me try it. Loved it. Just make sure you add the fish a little later. You don't want it disintegrating. The fish chunks are the mojo.

How does bass or panfish work in fish soup?  Any good?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Does the trick. Even cheapie Pollock can be used in this. Pollack can even work in a creamy fish chowder.

The acidity of the tomatoes can really take out some fishiness.

I make a soup like shrimp gumbo with panfish. Turns out nummy.

eagleeye

Sounds interesting, never had fish soup, but I think I would agree with the statement that you would not want it to desinigrate
Live long and prosper

bigG

Little bluegill fillets would curl up and be perfect. Almost too good for the soup.