THANK YOU!!!

Started by WRTCSean, August 27, 2020, 09:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRTCSean

We would like to say THANK YOU to all of the golfers and the 50+ sponsors that signed up for Saturday's golf outing! We have sold out for the first time ever!

For those of you who don't golf or were unable to attend this year, we look forward to seeing you at the Steak Fry on October 9th!

Steak Fry Info: https://www.wisconsinrtc.com/steakfry

leg turk

Can somebody explain how the money raised for these events gets divided up?  Meaning, does it all go towards the WRTC?

WRTCSean

Quote from: leg turk on August 27, 2020, 11:57:10 AM
Can somebody explain how the money raised for these events gets divided up?  Meaning, does it all go towards the WRTC?

All funds raised at our fundraisers go to the RTC. We do not share funds with any other organization unless otherwise stated (example: Cardio for Cause). Feel free to me at sean@wisconsinrtc.com with any other questions

BuckyMatt

The WRTC is 100% funded by donations so every penny spent on athletes, competitions for athletes, coaches, events, has to come from fundraisers and generous donations from fans!

For every athlete we'd love to have training here in Madison with the RTC, we have to fundraise  their salaries! We have several great athletes graduating in the coming years who it would be awesome to be able to afford to keep them around!

leg turk

Thanks guys.  I didn't know if any of those funds could help with the UW Badgers end of things too, but maybe that would break NCAA rules?  Things like improvements to the wrestling room or training room, but I guess that is probably the same area that the WRTC uses too, so maybe it's all a wash.

WRTCSean

Quote from: leg turk on August 28, 2020, 09:02:08 AM
Thanks guys.  I didn't know if any of those funds could help with the UW Badgers end of things too, but maybe that would break NCAA rules?  Things like improvements to the wrestling room or training room, but I guess that is probably the same area that the WRTC uses too, so maybe it's all a wash.

The WRTC is a completely separate entity from UW Wrestling. The RTC rents the wrestling facility from UW so we pay rent for the time we use the facility.

As you are aware, there are a lot of NCAA rules that limit what an RTC can and cannot do. With that being said, an RTC could provide funds to a university if they wished, however at this time, there is no need for our RTC to do that.

On the flip side, a university cannot provided any support or resources to an RTC, which is why fundraisers and donations are so important for our RTC.

bigoil

UW only allows Paying for 3 coaches, if we want a fourth (volunteer) we would need to find a high level athlete willing to coach and pay for the living on their own, or bring them into the RTC and pay them a salary that pays for their living expenses, coaching, training. This is what all the RTCs do. We need everyone, wrestling community, alumni, etc.

Ghetto

Awesome that the ball is moving in the right direction.

I remind folks that if you shop at Amazon (smile.amazon.com) you can designate the WRTC as your charity of choice. A small percentage goes to them every time you buy something.

There are some real ballers on here who light up Amazon all the time. You could bring in some high level athletes all on your own!
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove