RTC STAFF ADDITION

Started by WRTCSean, June 12, 2020, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRTCSean

Help us welcome Johnny Sebastian to the Wisconsin RTC Staff. Johnny will be joining the WRTC in the roll of Assistant Coach, where he will help the RTC in many ways! Chris Bono said, " Johnny brings so many assets to the table in terms of wrestling, education and leadership!" After finishing his 6th year of NCAA eligibility, Sebastian knew that he still had the passion and drive to stay involved with wrestling in Wisconsin. Johnny said, "It's an exciting time to be affiliated with wrestling in Wisconsin and I am grateful for the opportunity to be joining the Wisconsin RTC Staff in effort to continue building the program".

Sean Smalley, Executive Director of the WRTC, said "it is perfect timing. Johnny is finishing up his 3rd Masters degree this July and will be able to immediately apply his education towards the goals of growing the RTC." Before transferring for his 6th year of eligibility, Sebastian finished his Bachelors degree in Business and Organizational Policy in 2018 and followed that up with a Masters degree in Business in 2019 from Northwestern.

In addition to assisting Ben Askren, with the day to day workouts, Johnny will focus on helping fundraise for the RTC. Sebastian said, "I look forward to utilizing my experiences within education and athletics to generate and raise money for the Regional Training Center.  I also look forward to maintaining and creating new relationships with donors, recruiting post-grad athletes to come train and growing the RTC!"

BuckyMatt

Seth may have started elsewhere and Johnny may have started elsewhere but they are Badgers through and through!! Awesome additions to the program who are both better people than they are wrestlers!  You build programs with people as the pillars and Bono is hitting grand slams with these additions!!

leg turk

This is Awesome! Congrats Johnny!

dad 2 5

Quote from: BuckyMatt on June 12, 2020, 11:34:50 AM
Seth may have started elsewhere and Johnny may have started elsewhere but they are Badgers through and through!! Awesome additions to the program who are both better people than they are wrestlers!  You build programs with people as the pillars and Bono is hitting grand slams with these additions!!

+1

Have to say I am surprised with this one as I know Johnny is high level academia and had a career path towards it. Very happy with the hires this week and the direction. Now and couple holes to fill in the line-up as the young guys develop.