Mark Hall Top 6 Schools

Started by WW_1995, November 10, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Quote from: Ghetto on November 13, 2014, 09:42:44 PM
Beau Breske might be one of those folks getting academic aide for being a top notch student. Heard he was smart as heck.
You are correct. Beau is a very bright. Also a very nice humble kid with great parents. Nice track athlete as well. Not sure if he is still playing football but he did.

Gutwrench

Does anybody know if Hall and Breske are friends?  Maybe Hall lists Wisconsin as a possible school because that's where Breske might end up??

npope

Quote from: futurerichguy on November 14, 2014, 01:13:37 PM
Yes, Hall repeated 7th grade.
[/]

Being out for sports while failing courses. What's wrong with that picture?

Of course, it could be that the folks simply wanted to give junior yet another year of athletic experience/maturity so that he could do better in competition and had him participate in a charade of academics for a year. What's wrong with that picture?

Either way, some priorities would seem to be misplaced.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigoil

He moved from MI to KY for 7th grade and then moved to MN for 7th grade.

Many kids are held back for a variety of reasons, none of our business.

npope

Quote from: bigoil on November 15, 2014, 09:04:07 AM
He moved from MI to KY for 7th grade and then moved to MN for 7th grade.

Many kids are held back for a variety of reasons, none of our business.

Yes, kids are held back for a number of reasons, but we are talking about one kid here, not generalizing. We all know the story and let's not play the charade that the decisions are anything other than an attempt to maximize Hall's athletic opportunities/success. But that's not my business.

In Hall's parents' decision to hold Hall back, it places other kids competing against him at a competitive disadvantage. I'm sorry, but that notion offends me and doesn't seem morally fair. But that's not my business.
Parents have a right to raise their children in the manner they see fit without the interference of others – so we should just be quiet (tell that to Adrian Peterson). But that's not my business.

The point is that parents do not have the unilateral right to raise their kids with total impunity. It is just a question as to when a line gets crossed. School systems have all sorts of rules in place seeking to inhibit parents from seeking competitive advantages for their kids, e.g., transfer restrictions, age restrictions, etc. If what Hall's parents have done is harmless (to say nothing of the impact all of this has on the kid's perception of the world and his values), then why so many rules seeking to inhibit that kind of behavior?

You may not think a line has been crossed (and that's fair), but I do. Sitting by silently while one believes others cross unacceptable boundaries is my business – it's everyone's business. That's how the values and mores of a culture are shaped.

Nat Pope

oldfan

The back story of Mark Hall is a lot more complicated than most people know , that said I'm going to leave it at that .
When I first met Mark Hall senior we were at the Keith Young Invite in Iowa , I traveled down because Apple Valley was in the meet and so was Waverly Shellrock and Bettendorf . The big match was Destin McCauley(Sp) and Caldwell at 152 , turned out to be a butt whooping  . Mark Hall I was there in shorts and so was I and we started to chat , I knew that he has beaten Alex Cisnarios(sp) 2 time CA and 3 time Ironman champ at the time . Mark Hall II lost that day wrestling at 140 . A month later at the Cheesehead Mark Hall II lost again in the semi's to Ben Whitford and Mark Hall I was again in shorts and so was I , he joked that I was bad luck . The next week I run into Mark Hall I again at the Clash and Mark drops another match to Rossi Bruno of Brandon 5-3 . Mark Hall I then explains the whole connect between Mark Hall II and KY and how the use to travel up north to SPG to roll around with them . The KY connection was a very big deal .
Of coarse I was at the Murphy loss and those are Halls 4 loses since 7th grade . Now Mark Hall I would cross a crowded room to chit-chat . I will say this with no reservations , Mark Hall II is one of the nicest most polite kids you will ever meet.  It would be fantastic if he decided to come to Wisconsin . If I were a betting man I would say MN, he does work out with the guys at Pinnacle .
Mark Hall mentioned to another person sitting next to me that it was down to 3 , Okie State , U of Minn and the upside down M . Go Badgers .

npope

Yes, I have heard nothing but great things about all of the Halls. I still disagree with their decisions with regard to the situation at hand. I am sure they lose sleep over my disagreement.  ;)

Nat Pope

mike

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on November 11, 2014, 11:19:03 AM
Quote from: harley on November 11, 2014, 10:59:14 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on November 11, 2014, 10:05:32 AM
I dont think being close to "home" is a great factor in the Halls choices but I really dont know them so it is just an opinion.

Actually I can see UW being one of the final choices and I actually see UW being on a even playing field with UM in the recruiting.

UW, if Hall is a 65 or 74 pounder in college it could be a good fit for him
UM, same weight as UW and he could walk in, in a couple of years and be the guy because they need someone there.
Penn State, they have a lot of money tied up right now so landing Hall might be a tough choice for Penn State to make because of all the money tied up with other wrestlers.
Ok State, could be the right fit because having Chance M and Hall for 3 years in the 74-84 range might be a great enivorment for both of those 2
Neb,,,that one could also be a great choice and even more if Jordan B is still around to help out and coach Hall and would help him in making that next step toward the olympics
Ohio State,,,this one makes me scratch my head, I believe Ohio State has a 2 year run and then what. I actually think Hall by the time he gets there the program might be on a down swing but once again what do I know.

I actually think that Hall will make a serious run in college and then step into the olympic scene. I think he has what it takes to grind out a college season and make that step into olympic wrestling.

Chance M. lost to another true Freshman during wrestle offs,  Just goes to show you nothing is a guarantee when you reach the college level

If Chance doesn't live up to the hype he won't be the first. Remember way back when the UW recruited the #1 overall guy that is now on his 4th school and struggled to go .500 last year? The list of can't miss that have missed is a very long list. Look at all the 3 and 4 times champs from WI how many have become D1 AA's maybe 3 or 4?

I guess Chance is still pretty ok.......check out what he did at OK open

mike

Intermat reports #35 ranked Hunter Ritter from MD verbally commits to WI  :D

billymurphy

Chance had to take the summer off to let his back injury heal.
Thus, to call him a bust after a summer of not working out
is extremely premature.