Mark Hall Top 6 Schools

Started by WW_1995, November 10, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

I dont think being close to "home" is a great factor in the Halls choices but I really dont know them so it is just an opinion.

Actually I can see UW being one of the final choices and I actually see UW being on a even playing field with UM in the recruiting.

UW, if Hall is a 65 or 74 pounder in college it could be a good fit for him
UM, same weight as UW and he could walk in, in a couple of years and be the guy because they need someone there.
Penn State, they have a lot of money tied up right now so landing Hall might be a tough choice for Penn State to make because of all the money tied up with other wrestlers.
Ok State, could be the right fit because having Chance M and Hall for 3 years in the 74-84 range might be a great enivorment for both of those 2
Neb,,,that one could also be a great choice and even more if Jordan B is still around to help out and coach Hall and would help him in making that next step toward the olympics
Ohio State,,,this one makes me scratch my head, I believe Ohio State has a 2 year run and then what. I actually think Hall by the time he gets there the program might be on a down swing but once again what do I know.

I actually think that Hall will make a serious run in college and then step into the olympic scene. I think he has what it takes to grind out a college season and make that step into olympic wrestling.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

harley

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 11, 2014, 10:05:32 AM
I dont think being close to "home" is a great factor in the Halls choices but I really dont know them so it is just an opinion.

Actually I can see UW being one of the final choices and I actually see UW being on a even playing field with UM in the recruiting.

UM, same weight as UW and he could walk in, in a couple of years and be the guy because they need someone there.
Penn State, they have a lot of money tied up right now so landing Hall might be a tough choice for Penn State to make because of all the money tied up with other wrestlers.
Ok State, could be the right fit because having Chance M and Hall for 3 years in the 74-84 range might be a great enivorment for both of those 2
Neb,,,that one could also be a great choice and even more if Jordan B is still around to help out and coach Hall and would help him in making that next step toward the olympics
Ohio State,,,this one makes me scratch my head, I believe Ohio State has a 2 year run and then what. I actually think Hall by the time he gets there the program might be on a down swing but once again what do I know.

I actually think that Hall will make a serious run in college and then step into the olympic scene. I think he has what it takes to grind out a college season and make that step into olympic wrestling.

Chance M. lost to another true Freshman during wrestle offs,  Just goes to show you nothing is a guarantee when you reach the college level

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: harley on November 11, 2014, 10:59:14 AM

Chance M. lost to another true Freshman during wrestle offs,  Just goes to show you nothing is a guarantee when you reach the college level

If Chance doesn't live up to the hype he won't be the first. Remember way back when the UW recruited the #1 overall guy that is now on his 4th school and struggled to go .500 last year? The list of can't miss that have missed is a very long list. Look at all the 3 and 4 times champs from WI how many have become D1 AA's maybe 3 or 4?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

npope

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on November 11, 2014, 11:19:03 AM

If Chance doesn't live up to the hype he won't be the first. Remember way back when the UW recruited the #1 overall guy that is now on his 4th school and struggled to go .500 last year? The list of can't miss that have missed is a very long list. Look at all the 3 and 4 times champs from WI how many have become D1 AA's maybe 3 or 4?

And which high school exactly did that #1 recruit come from....? Hhhmmm.

Never count your chickens before they hatch.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: npope on November 11, 2014, 11:37:07 AM

some wrestlers peak at 16, some at 22 and older

I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Dale Einerson

Do you have a point?

npope

Quote from: Dale Einerson on November 11, 2014, 01:20:57 PM

Do you have a point?

Haven't we already had the nation's #1 recruit from Apple Valley signed and ready to go once before? How did that work out for Bucky?

The point is, our pipeline to AV may not be a solid as we might want to believe. And too, till the kid is ready to show up on campus (and sometimes not even then - See Laux from Iowa), don't be thinking we have a blue chipper in hand. No matter what he says, this is still early in the process of courting Hall.

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

Quote from: harley on November 11, 2014, 10:59:14 AM

I heard that also but I also heard that Chance was going to re-shirt reguardless because of his back issues and take a year to let that back heal. Not sure if there is any truth to that but as with anything, rumors fly at any level ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

There were several notable matches at 157 pounds with Anthony Collica racking up wins over Keilan Torres, Ryan Blees and Chris Koo.

Torres and Koo went head-to-head twice with Torres coming out on top in both matches.

Koo earned a win at 157 pounds, beating out freshman Chance Marsteller, 13-7.

Blees also snatched a win over Marsteller, 5-1.

harley

Quote from: bigoil on November 11, 2014, 03:53:58 PM
There were several notable matches at 157 pounds with Anthony Collica racking up wins over Keilan Torres, Ryan Blees and Chris Koo.

Torres and Koo went head-to-head twice with Torres coming out on top in both matches.

Koo earned a win at 157 pounds, beating out freshman Chance Marsteller, 13-7.

Blees also snatched a win over Marsteller, 5-1.

And Koo has ZERO High School State titles!!

Dale Einerson

Quote from: npope on November 11, 2014, 03:28:31 PM
Quote from: Dale Einerson on November 11, 2014, 01:20:57 PM

Do you have a point?

Haven't we already had the nation's #1 recruit from Apple Valley signed and ready to go once before? How did that work out for Bucky?

The point is, our pipeline to AV may not be a solid as we might want to believe. And too, till the kid is ready to show up on campus (and sometimes not even then - See Laux from Iowa), don't be thinking we have a blue chipper in hand. No matter what he says, this is still early in the process of courting Hall.

I was guessing; I didn't want to guess, so thank you.

I sincerely hope Wisconsin can get Hall, Breske, Lee, Smith; a bunch of others I am no doubt leaving off the short list my mind is able to generate.

I also agree with an earlier poster that with a list as large as 6, Michigan is not on the list...

billymurphy

Jim Jordan was a very hot recruit out of high school and he had a nice career by
making John Smith look pretty average.
I think more often then not, the top recruits are the ones winning the
national titles.  Look at the resumes of last years national champions.
They all had spectacular high school careers, but none better than Hall.
I am glad to hear that Hall has Wisconsin on his list.
Wisconsin is loaded with a bunch of good sophomores
and Medbery being a good junior and one good senior at 197
has recruits looking at Wisconsin as an up an coming team.

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

billymurphy

I am thrilled that the top recruit in the country has UW on his list.
The Badgers have been making great progress.  Everybody
is watching to see where the world champion decides to wrestle in college.

JAMMIN

Hall has been good for so long, that would worry me a little that he could have peaked early.  Would I want Hall or Beske?  I would say Breske because I think he has more room for improvement.