Started by TomM, September 21, 2017, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Fish

I've completed steps 1-3 for the copper certification and plan on doing the online course when it becomes available in about a week or so.  My question is:  will I be getting an actual USA card in the mail or do I just need to know my ID number for tournaments.  I haven't read anywhere that says I'll be receiving a card.  Any info would be much appreciated!  I've been away from wrestling for the last 20 years, but now that my son wrestles I need to figure this kind of stuff out.

Big Steve

You will need the actual card to get on the floor area and coach at some tournaments including the state tournaments. I think usa wrestling will send you a card if you elect to pay them for it. Your card will be available for printing once you create an account with USA Wrestling.
You can create the account by going through the coach membership area on the Wisconsin Wrestling Federation page and following the link to USA wrestling.

TomM

Please contact with any questions.
Randy Dusing  |  414 - 507 - 7861  |  rvdusing@gmail.com

Quote from: Fish on September 22, 2017, 10:33:53 AM
I've completed steps 1-3 for the copper certification and plan on doing the online course when it becomes available in about a week or so.  My question is:  will I be getting an actual USA card in the mail or do I just need to know my ID number for tournaments.  I haven't read anywhere that says I'll be receiving a card.  Any info would be much appreciated!  I've been away from wrestling for the last 20 years, but now that my son wrestles I need to figure this kind of stuff out.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigoil

Quote from: Fish on September 22, 2017, 10:33:53 AM

You can pull up your card online, you can choose to take a picture of it to show, or print it out yourself. I believe they do send it out but I'm not sure I received mine this past year, I used the online feature to print my own and my son's card. Phone also worked at Freestyle State when I didn't have my card handy.