Congrats

Started by harley25, July 26, 2022, 09:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redeemer

Quote from: madeyson on July 29, 2022, 08:03:33 AM
Really really wish people would leave their opinions about all this stuff off of the forum. A testament to maturity that you have to come on a forum to vent your opinion about 16-18 year old kids. Please realize these decisions are extremely difficult for kids and families. What is right? What is wrong? Who has integrity? Who doesn't? Talk about where kids may or may not go - but ripping on a program also indirectly, in a passive aggressive manner rips on the kids that are there. We also did a visit to one of the other schools mentioned (NOT Wisconsin) and it was the worst weekend ever - definitely integrity issues with that school. So one's opinion on someone's integrity can be personal, let's just leave it at that.

Good post. Keep it more classy on this forum. subjective opinions on people's hate for each other doesn't define what's good or bad and is a bad influence on all wisconsin wrestlers.. either they are in college or high school.

Chedd

Congrats to Scoles. Really awesome to see Wisconsin wrestling explode on the D1/national level. AWA is definitely a huge part of that. I'm not sure exactly what went down between Ben/AWA and Bono, I've heard some things. If I was an AWA kid, I would definitely take the advice of my coaches into consideration when choosing a college. I would also look at past relationships and pettiness (some people can be especially petty) and motive of my advisors when making my college decision. Financial considerations are also a huge factor. In a partial scholarship sport, I can't image how much more money some of these kids are paying for school based on where their college advisors are pushing them to go. Bono has proven he can make good kids great wrestlers. The coaches at these other programs have proven the same, for the most part.

statman

Really really wish people would leave their opinions about all this stuff off of the forum. A testament to maturity that you have to come on a forum to vent your opinion about 16-18 year old kids. Please realize these decisions are extremely difficult for kids and families. What is right? What is wrong? Who has integrity? Who doesn't? Talk about where kids may or may not go - but ripping on a program also indirectly, in a passive aggressive manner rips on the kids that are there. We also did a visit to one of the other schools mentioned (NOT Wisconsin) and it was the worst weekend ever - definitely integrity issues with that school. So one's opinion on someone's integrity can be personal, let's just leave it at that.

this is a high school and college wrestling forum! what do you want us to talk about that won't be so offensive? should we just talk about the weather? I don't know if you remember the old days on here but this place is relatively dead compared to the past. I'm just glad people are talking about something
they don't call me statman for nothin

madeyson

Quote from: statman on July 29, 2022, 09:43:49 AM

this is a high school and college wrestling forum! what do you want us to talk about that won't be so offensive? should we just talk about the weather? I don't know if you remember the old days on here but this place is relatively dead compared to the past. I'm just glad people are talking about something

LOL - great question statman - here is a list - but you obviously like negativity so these probably won't fit you:

1) Hopke in the Cadet freestyle world finals - DANG - pretty Dang cool, a lot to be said about that
2) Wisconsins showing at Fargo - some pretty impressive performances - only state to be top 5 in all men's styles/ages
3) Scoles committing to Illinois - so happy for that kid - anyone that knows him know how hard he works, can't remember last Wisconsin wrestler to go to Illinois
4) Let's talk about what Lucas Steldt is doing for Greco and women's freestyle in the state - his passion, energy and excitement is paying off - just love how he is helping kids do what they love
5) Let's talk about the upcoming high school season - looks at some of the great matchups- individual and team - who are the favorites in each division - who are the unknowns that are going to make a name for themselves. How about that freshman Wolbert - man is it gonna be fun to watch him!!!

That took me less then 5 minutes to come up with a short list - seems like we could stay positive on kids rather then rip and voice opinions that could be debated either way. Let's do right by Wisconsin wrestling and talk about the positive that is going on and not focus on the negative!

BuckyMatt

Quote from: madeyson on July 29, 2022, 08:40:47 PM

LOL - great question statman - here is a list - but you obviously like negativity so these probably won't fit you:

1) Hopke in the Cadet freestyle world finals - DANG - pretty Dang cool, a lot to be said about that
2) Wisconsins showing at Fargo - some pretty impressive performances - only state to be top 5 in all men's styles/ages
3) Scoles committing to Illinois - so happy for that kid - anyone that knows him know how hard he works, can't remember last Wisconsin wrestler to go to Illinois
4) Let's talk about what Lucas Steldt is doing for Greco and women's freestyle in the state - his passion, energy and excitement is paying off - just love how he is helping kids do what they love
5) Let's talk about the upcoming high school season - looks at some of the great matchups- individual and team - who are the favorites in each division - who are the unknowns that are going to make a name for themselves. How about that freshman Wolbert - man is it gonna be fun to watch him!!!

That took me less then 5 minutes to come up with a short list - seems like we could stay positive on kids rather then rip and voice opinions that could be debated either way. Let's do right by Wisconsin wrestling and talk about the positive that is going on and not focus on the negative!

You forgot the Badgers have 5 returning All Americans for the first time ever 😉

Vir Fortis

Have any of those things not been brought up on this forum? Has nobody talked about Hopke in the finals?
Scoles going to Illinios?
The upcoming HS season?
Wisconsin's success at Fargo?
Stelt and what he's doing with Girls Wrestling?

Feels like the health of the Wisconsin Wrestling Program is a pretty important topic and ALL that success that we're seeing these great Wrestlers have...feels like it's pretty natural to hope they'd continue their careers at Wisconsin and if not, try to understand why they're not.

littleguy301

Quote from: Vir Fortis on July 30, 2022, 03:43:38 AM

Have any of those things not been brought up on this forum? Has nobody talked about Hopke in the finals?
Scoles going to Illinios?
The upcoming HS season?
Wisconsin's success at Fargo?
Stelt and what he's doing with Girls Wrestling?

Feels like the health of the Wisconsin Wrestling Program is a pretty important topic and ALL that success that we're seeing these great Wrestlers have...feels like it's pretty natural to hope they'd continue their careers at Wisconsin and if not, try to understand why they're not.

First I heard about Hopke was this morning on the forum.
I think the Scoles to Illinois is the thread we have now officially hi jacked
Havent heard a thing about the up coming season
Havent heard much about Fargo since how well Wisconsin did
Nothing about Stelt and the womens program, to be honest I didnt know he was running it.

I have heard alot about what isnt going on, though :D

Wisconsin wrestling is trending in the right direction for sure!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

FIRST: CONGRATS to State Champ Braeden Scoles!! Best of Luck to you! You will do well.

This 'statement' is made in regard to recent posts on this forum.

My hope is ALL Wisconsin wrestling (amateur wrestling at all ages/levels) will be relevant, popular and successful.

I don't hear or see any manner that recent posts do anything to make Wisconsin wrestling relevant, popular or successful.

I created WIWrestling.com when I learned 'people don't know what they like, they like what they know'. The website was created to identify and share wrestling information and wrestling knowledge and make it available to everyone. Including results, events, stories, photos. The forum was/is provided for discussion of wrestling topics and events.

Two of you, with multiple accounts (one with 2 accounts and the other with 5), have attempted to 'stir the pot' for whatever reason they may have. Even posting and then replying to yourself from four of his five accounts. I don't know what your grudges or petty grievances are or what your intent is. Your motive is obviously NOT positive.

I did not create and do not provide this 'forum' to be a place for character assassination and/or anonymous character assassination. This forum is not intended to be an 'arena' for airing personal grudges (disguised or outright). I suggest you take care of your personal relationships and other issues that trouble you in some other manner or venue.

As a heads up, going forward posts may be deleted, accounts deleted and perhaps identities revealed if individuals behave in a manner viewed as toxic to wrestling. No promise of 'anonymity' has ever been offered or implied here. It is easier and less time consuming to delete accounts than to delete and/or reply in regard to individual posts or topics/threads. If it is an 'out of state' IP address I will delete entire account(s). I do not enjoy spending a Saturday afternoon 'supervising' adult individual's less than adult forum conduct.

Sadly, some of you should be embarrassed. I am embarrassed for you.

I want to like and enjoy everyone involved in wrestling. I appreciate the passion you have for the sport.
Let's all work together to make Wisconsin wrestling relevant, popular and successful.

As my dad told my brothers and I many times "Don't make me pull the car over!"
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

PAUL

All the best to Scoles at Illinois.  I love the Badgers and I wish every great kid went there, but truthfully kids need to do whats best for themselves, and God Bless them in having that choice.  Having more and more top-level talent in our state is a great problem, hats off to everybody helping to make this happen.  On Wisconsin!!

statman

lol my name is Rory Vanden Avond. I live in Algoma wisconsin. I wrestled at Green Bay Preble and graduated in 2005. this is my only account. there... did it for you
they don't call me statman for nothin

thequad

Where is Wolbert from?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Ghetto

Quote from: thequad on July 31, 2022, 02:30:43 PM

Where is Wolbert from?

Pretty sure he will be at Oconomowoc. 
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

hornbuckleb

Quote from: benaskren on July 28, 2022, 10:22:03 AM
<Content deleted by admin.>

Our main goal when sending kids to college is that they have great experiences, that is happening for a lot of our athletes at many places(most notably Mizzou and UNI)

AWA coaches advise kids on the college recruiting process but ultimately we leave the decisions up to them.

Ideally for us we would love to continue having working relationships with our athletes as they progress into college(This was the main reason I took the RTC job, in year 2 I took a salary of $0 to help the RTC and be around my guys). 

Seems like a little cancel culture happened here.  Didn't see any redaction 5 years ago....

MNbadger

Something being removed because it is inappropriate or offensive is not "cancel culture", whatever that is.  There is lots of stuff to talk about that is interesting and positive (as was pointed out by others). 
Quote from: hornbuckleb on August 01, 2022, 10:14:30 PM
Quote from: benaskren on July 28, 2022, 10:22:03 AM

Our main goal when sending kids to college is that they have great experiences, that is happening for a lot of our athletes at many places(most notably Mizzou and UNI)

AWA coaches advise kids on the college recruiting process but ultimately we leave the decisions up to them.

Ideally for us we would love to continue having working relationships with our athletes as they progress into college(This was the main reason I took the RTC job, in year 2 I took a salary of $0 to help the RTC and be around my guys). 

Seems like a little cancel culture happened here.  Didn't see any redaction 5 years ago....
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan