"The Mayor"

Started by woody53, February 01, 2019, 04:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: CLC FAN on February 05, 2019, 09:44:55 AM
Woody -

I hope you take an enormous amount of pride in what you do for the Wrestling Community in Wisconsin.  Yes, the kids make the tournament fantastic every year.  But there are ways to add to or subtract from the overall fan experience.  Mat stoppages, scoreboard issues, unhelpful time tables... all of that would detract from the experience, and yet these are notably absent EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  I don't really want an answer to this question because it might take the thread on a negative spin, so rhetorically - when was the last time there was so much as a hiccup in the running of the state tournament?  I'm on 14 years straight and I can't remember even one.  That, folks, (at least during my 14 years) is Woody and the crew he puts together.  People on this thread have been coming for decades, and your hard work has made it a positive experience year in and year out.  Thank you for all the work you put in. 

+1,000,000...
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

mdbriggs

This will be my 50th ..... without a miss. However, I had to leave early missing only the finals twice.  Yes, my first state tournament was in 1969.

TomM

Quote from: mdbriggs on February 05, 2019, 01:14:35 PM
This will be my 50th ..... without a miss. However, I had to leave early missing only the finals twice.  Yes, my first state tournament was in 1969.

I'll bet the ride on Noah's Ark was a thrill...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

GradeTough

Quote from: jeast on February 04, 2019, 03:29:50 PM
Counting 4 in Illinois, one in Iowa and the rest in Wisconsin, this will be my 44th. Without a miss.

You are the winner!

GradeTough

Amazing  :o

woody53

There a major hiccups every year. We have a crew that are amazing, that can that care of it behind the scenes. Thank you for your compliments. Can not do it with all those that support me.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

littleguy301

Udd da that is incredible!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Numbers

Quote from: TechFall119 on February 05, 2019, 04:48:34 PM
mdbriggs,

50 years, wow! I bet you got some great tales to tell! that is pretty cool.

Ask him about the Breske/Reinhardt final.  Oh wait...missed that great match. ;D

mdbriggs

Yes, numbers, that was one of the finals I missed because my wife was getting an award for her 40 years of service at Sargento Foods in Plymouth.  Understanding, I would have never been able to attend for 50 years if I did not have an understanding wife, I thought I should attend her event that evening.

I really think the matches at the "barn" were fantastic. 

1987 Dennis Hall vs Steve Hoffman
1988 Gruenwald vs Hall

And before the divisions

Krumrie form little Mondovi defeating wrestlers from Stoughton and  Wisc. Rapids

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on February 05, 2019, 03:34:43 PM

I'll bet the ride on Noah's Ark was a thrill...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  That is amazing!  Congrats on 50!

doublegotcha

Thirty one in a row for me.  Would have been 38 but my car wouldn't start one year in college.

dforsythe

1985 was my first. So I guess this will be 34 in a row.

the mayor

Sent you a PM Woody but for the rest of you the number is "49 consecutive" Had trouble getting on the forum recently. Grand babies are now wrestling for "Lincoln in Wis. Rapids." Seems more exciting than ever. See you all in a couple of weeks.
The Mayor
If you can catch the chicken Rock, you can catch Creed.

mdbriggs

Spoke to Paul Brandl (3 time state qualifier 1952-54 from Valders) at the Badger dual yesterday and was told that he has only missed two State Championships since 1952.