Has this happened before?

Started by mikew, February 28, 2015, 06:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikew

Alec Ingold in one pin away from pinning every one of the opponents he has faced during the entire individual tournament (regionals, sectionals, and now state).  I'm sure Brett Samson is going to have something to say about this final match tonight, but if Alec does get the pin, will this be a first where someone has pinned their way through the entire individual tournament or had this happened before??  Curious to read what the history buffs can share on the subject...

TLV

Ange comes to mind from Athens as does Rapids heavywt from 25 years ago whose name escapes me. No one during the year got out of the 2nd period with him and few out of the first period.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

SLC Guru

Try looking up Dean Dingman from East Troy, about 1987. I believe his pinning streak began with conference all the way to the heavyweight title. The scary thing was he was only a junior. Luckily for everyone else,, he signed to play football at Michigan and Bo said no wrestling if he wanted the scholarship so he sat at the barn and watched his senior year.
Get it on!!

DocWrestling

Rocky Biegel from Rapids in 1988?

Ingold might not even be the first for his school, wasn't there also another Bayport wrestler heavyweight that may have done it?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MHSfan

Justin Dolata 2014 D2 won by pin all the way thru the tournament series including finals.

wrestling135

Quote from: MHSfan on February 28, 2015, 07:22:40 AM
Justin Dolata 2014 D2 won by pin all the way thru the tournament series including finals.

Was just going to say this^ We just seen it last year. Justin was on a mission last year.

Firebird

Devin Peterson only had one match go past the minute mark and that was the quarterfinals of state (1:15).

jjgris

Interestingly Sampson is on the same pace.
These guys are both finishers, should be a good match tonight.

TLV

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 28, 2015, 07:19:56 AM

Ingold might not even be the first for his school, wasn't there also another Bayport wrestler heavyweight that may have done it?

Yes, Doc, Rocky Biegel(who son is now play football for the Badgers) Thx.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

neutral

Quote from: jjgris on February 28, 2015, 08:58:13 AM
Interestingly Sampson is on the same pace.
These guys are both finishers, should be a good match tonight.

Yep.  Samson has also pinned his way through since the beginning of Regionals.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

bigoil

Quote from: TLV on February 28, 2015, 09:14:18 AM

Yes, Doc, Rocky Biegel(who son is now play football for the Badgers) Thx.

And I think he did it in '87 as well. Dinglan was '85 or '86.

imnofish

Biegel was my first thought, too.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Pheasant 1984

My best friend in 1983 from Redfield, Sd pinned everyone he wrestled that year except 1 at 185lbs. That 1 was the eventual Hwt state champ that dropped down to wrestle My friend. He was tech falled by my friend! I know the thread is about wisconsin wrestlers but I thought I'd mention this. His name is Bob Waldner. 3 time all American at Chadron State in Nebraska.
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

swconvert

Jens Lantz, Ellsworth pinned or TF everyone he wrestled in regionals, sectionals and at State BOTH his Junior and Senior year. 

TripletDad

Joe Wang - Platteville comes to my mind.  Not sure if he accomplished this but seemed to pin a lot of guys