My favorite words of wrestling.... what are yours

Started by dantheman, February 26, 2015, 11:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Einerson

Coach Kurth to a wrestler in the 1st period right before a restart...

"Okay, you've got 6 seconds left in the period, do you think you can avoid giving up back points?"

Street Glide

Quote from: Jimmy on July 22, 2015, 03:51:54 PM
Hold my headgear while I kiss your girlfriend

Now Jimmy that is funny .  I would never though.   Maybe mother.?

Jimmy

Hey Glide, how you doing? Ps. Girlfriends come at all ages! Lol. Good to see your still posting my friend.

ramjet

My favorite;

Announcer at a tournament; "4th graders will be wrestling on mat 1 that's the mat with number 3 on it!"

Ghetto

Quote from: The Angry Fish on July 23, 2015, 07:50:01 PM
My sons coaches would always say "wrestle here"??? I have know clue what that means?

He still says that.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Hand Control

Any words that the mom's have to yell out. Because if mom is yelling it out and the kid isn't doing the move ,you know that it is going to be a long ride home. And if the kid hit's the move =momma's happy everyone is happy.  :'( ;D

bigG

Quote from: Dale Einerson on July 24, 2015, 09:14:03 AM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on July 23, 2015, 07:50:01 PM

My sons coaches would always say "wrestle here"??? I have know clue what that means?

As a recovering basketball player, I always viewed the "wrestle here" advice as don't give up the takedown, or, keep battling on the edge, or keep moving and working on the bottom...There are a lot of times when even the most experienced and capable wrestlers give up on something too soon and then either give up points or don't get the points...

I recall a Team State Finals with a Coach on the other team yelling repeatedley, "rip on his shoulder" when the kid that was supposed to have his shoulder ripped on had injury defaulted out of individual state to 6th place due to a shoulder injury.  Probably my least favorite words of wrestling to hear, repeatedley, above the noise of the Barn from across a mat.

I never expect to see a kid like to take a loss, but I always like to see a legitimate "nice match" after a tough loss from the kid, or the Coach of the kid, that took the loss.

Tough when you're legit hurt at state. Tells you what kind of wrestler you got.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

uncle Fester

how about hes laying there like a sausage .... if hes not stalling we are... had  a guy tell me once this is where you sold the farm..
we didnt come here for a picnic

littleguy301

TTTTWWWWOOOOOOO!!!!!

I love hearing that at a tournament ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: Jimmy on July 22, 2015, 03:51:54 PM
Hold my headgear while I kiss your girlfriend

No I just get cookies for your ;)

Dont have to say a word but smile and get the best M and M cookie from a score keepers wife ;D

MarkK

Quote from: ramjet on July 27, 2015, 04:01:34 PM
My favorite;

Announcer at a tournament; "4th graders will be wrestling on mat 1 that's the mat with number 3 on it!"

you noticed that too?
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

MarkK

Quote from: stp on July 22, 2015, 03:21:38 PM
(After a horrible stalling call by some ref)

"Let 'em wrestle ref!" 

and quickly followed by "what's he doing?"
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

littleguy301

ttttttttttttwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

OK, I like to yell this at any time ;D