My favorite words of wrestling.... what are yours

Started by dantheman, February 26, 2015, 11:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantheman

Wrestlers please clear the mats.
Please raised and honor America with the playing of our national anthem.

bigG

"Tweet!"

Does onomatopoeia count? :)

"Two, takedown!"
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TeachFisch

"Stance and Motion, Stance and Motion"

My Son's on the other hand is what he heard at a high school dual this year from the stands, not sure how it fits wrestling, but someone yelled at the top of their lungs behind us, "Rip his gizzard out".  Don't think I ever heard that one before LOL!

philschanen123abc

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( 

You can't milk a cow with your hands in your pockets.

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Oldtimer

Beware of the northern sleeper

Wrestling GEAC

Action    I even heard a few folkstyle refs say that this year !

Slideby

Performance

leg turk

" Don't give him that"

" Get your head off the mat "

" Shoot "

stp

(After a horrible stalling call by some ref)

"Let 'em wrestle ref!" 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Jimmy

Hold my headgear while I kiss your girlfriend

MarkK

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Dale Einerson

My least favorite...

"How do we seed the tournament?"

or

"We won the last match in the dual to win by 1, that kid really came through."

My favorite, "clear the mats!"

Dale Einerson

Quote from: The Angry Fish on July 23, 2015, 07:50:01 PM

My sons coaches would always say "wrestle here"??? I have know clue what that means?

As a recovering basketball player, I always viewed the "wrestle here" advice as don't give up the takedown, or, keep battling on the edge, or keep moving and working on the bottom...There are a lot of times when even the most experienced and capable wrestlers give up on something too soon and then either give up points or don't get the points...

I recall a Team State Finals with a Coach on the other team yelling repeatedley, "rip on his shoulder" when the kid that was supposed to have his shoulder ripped on had injury defaulted out of individual state to 6th place due to a shoulder injury.  Probably my least favorite words of wrestling to hear, repeatedley, above the noise of the Barn from across a mat.

I never expect to see a kid like to take a loss, but I always like to see a legitimate "nice match" after a tough loss from the kid, or the Coach of the kid, that took the loss.

bigG

Quote from: MarkK on July 23, 2015, 10:41:55 AM
My least favorite.... "Squeeze"

"Roll through!" for me. Hate that. "Squeeze" might be tied for the most annoying. Even worse when it's elongated: "SQUEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!"

My favorites are watching little kids and they're always rolling around, changing control. "No! no! NOO!...YES! YES! YESSS!...... No, no, noooo!!!""
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.