Excessive use of the chin (question)

Started by kabrvi, February 03, 2014, 01:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

What I hate is when contestants in a beard growing contest use the chin excessively.  It obviously gives them an unfair advantage.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Handles II

I remember watching a video of a current WI coach when he was in HS.  Had the kid in a half and was really grinding the chin into the front of the shoulder to get the pin. After the pin the other kid laid on the mat holding his shoulder almost in tears and could barely get to his feet to shake hands.
That gave us all a few chuckles.  ;D

billymurphy

You use your chin to help hold down your opponent when you put them on their back.  This is not a new technique.  How else are you suppose to do it?  Chest to chest pressure with the half in.  Use chin to help hold the opponent down.

bigoil

Quote from: billymurphy on February 06, 2014, 11:24:04 AM
You use your chin to help hold down your opponent when you put them on their back.  This is not a new technique.  How else are you suppose to do it?  Chest to chest pressure with the half in.  Use chin to help hold the opponent down.

Plus 1

imnofish

I remember pinning a guy in college, by sucking him back when he attempted a switch, then chinning him so hard that my chin bled.  Yeah, his shoulder hurt, too.  My chin healed and so did his shoulder. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Big Steve

Quote from: Performance on February 05, 2014, 06:08:03 PM
This is wrestling!  I have coached many years and teach pressure points in youth wrestling. So yea maybe I should be one of those outed for teaching such a brutal thing and being big meany in this tough sport ha ha..
Yes wrestling is a tough sport. However I have never seen Beau Breske,Tyler Schmidt or whoever you want to use, resort to digging their chin in as a move. They are much more concerned in using real moves to turn someone. Here is an idea.....teach your kids quality moves and leave the pressure points to mma.

bigoil

So how do you do a nearside cradle? Ask him to bend for you or do you stick your head in his ribs?

Power half: ask him to lower his head or forcefully push down/lever his head?

imnofish

As long as you say please and thank you, it's all good.   ;)

chuckref

Quote from: imnofish on February 05, 2014, 06:16:31 PM
What I hate is when contestants in a beard growing contest use the chin excessively.  It obviously gives them an unfair advantage.

Especially middle school kids  :D

Chuck

imnofish

Quote from: chuckref on February 06, 2014, 02:07:16 PM
Quote from: imnofish on February 05, 2014, 06:16:31 PM

Especially middle school kids  :D

Chuck

Yep, it is really embarrassing when the wrestlers beard or mustache is better than the coach's.  I speak from experience, in this regard.   :-[

Todd

Quote from: howavi on February 06, 2014, 01:57:45 PM
So how do you do a nearside cradle? Ask him to bend for you or do you stick your head in his ribs?

Power half: ask him to lower his head or forcefully push down/lever his head?

+1
"This page intentionally left blank".

stbird

No headlocks, no chins, no beards, what else are we outlawing in WI this year! 

Jim Rockford

Quote from: Big Steve on February 06, 2014, 01:01:06 PM
Quote from: Performance on February 05, 2014, 06:08:03 PM
This is wrestling!  I have coached many years and teach pressure points in youth wrestling. So yea maybe I should be one of those outed for teaching such a brutal thing and being big meany in this tough sport ha ha..
Yes wrestling is a tough sport. However I have never seen Beau Breske,Tyler Schmidt or whoever you want to use, resort to digging their chin in as a move. They are much more concerned in using real moves to turn someone. Here is an idea.....teach your kids quality moves and leave the pressure points to mma.

How do you know what they are concerned with?  Using your chin as been taught for a long period of time and it isn't going to change because people are whining about it.

TruckerCapAttack_1977

I would consider my beard excessive use of my chin.  I found a Cheeto in it a few minutes ago...it was delicious!

As far a using your chin in a wrestling match....the logic goes this way...

First of all, Your chin is part of your face.  Should your face be illegal?  I use my face to mentally stare down my opponent.

Part B, if your in good position you should not have to use you chin for leverage.  I prefer to use my lats and traps to put on a half Nelson that an annoconda would be envious of. 

Lastly, and in summerizing, chins are used for mental intimidation and for casting stern looks, but not used as a physical weapon, unless you are Jay Leno, then you go with what you got.

If I was any more clear I would be a freshly washed window. 
Do you wanna see my PETERBUILT?!

imnofish

Quote from: stbird on February 11, 2014, 12:40:45 PM
No headlocks, no chins, no beards, what else are we outlawing in WI this year! 

double coupon days